2017 free agents

He’s a muslim?

“You WILL make love to me. And in time… maybe you will learn to like it…”

1 Like

I thought they chose not to nominate him. He wanted to play for them.

After nominating the Swans as his preferred destination under the father-son rule, his father’s old club declined to match the Bulldogs’ bid of pick No.25 in last year’s NAB AFL Draft, much to the Dogs’ joy.

If a non-Victorian club had chosen him, they’d have taken him.

So outside dusty and Fyfe are there any players worth looking at in the offseason, my criteria for the offseason would be.

• Midfielder
  • 20-24
  • Excels at contested footy
  • Has pace
  • Excellent kick and decision making

I know, I don’t want much. I’d throw the $$$ at them on a long term deal. Happy to offload some of this years picks. Second next, not first. It’s going to be hard to get players out of developing clubs like Carlton, Melbourne, Dockers, Lions, Saints. So too with top clubs like Cats, Crows, Eagles. Not the pies because nobody ever leaves from there to ess who is any good.

So that leaves Players looking for opportunity (dogs, gws) teams where we want to target (suns, swans, tigers, power, Hawks, kangas)

My list is:

• Jacob Hopper GWS
  • Touk Miller Suns
  • Jack Martin Suns
  • Luke Parker Swans (just resigned so no chance)
  • Oliver Wines (again signed so no)

I’d be throwing some big $$ around (600 - 900, 5 year deal) depending on the player so I’m expecting somebody good.

With the players you’ve listed, you either get good skills or good contested work, not both unfortunately (wines can handball but can’t kick imo).

Maybe thats the change they should make then.
Father sons can opt out of going to dads team - see Marc Murphy didnt want to go to Lions.

It depends on where the team is going. If we’re going to do an actual rebuild, then using major picks now on players that will help us get closer to the middle (and hence worse picks) is probably short sighted. So I’d probably be ruling out the costly options. Cheap fringe players who can hopefully become the next Kennedy/McGlynn/Gunston/Gibson etc. should absolutely be targeted.

Free agents are a little more fuzzy as they don’t cost picks. But I’m not sure if we’ll be in a position to be attractive to anyone anyway.

3 Likes

I’d not be chasing a FA.
Sniff around any and all fringe mids and smalls under about 21.

1 Like

The goal of every draft is to find two or more long term players. Giving away a first and second for a guaranteed gun under 24 is not wasting picks, your getting assurance on exactly what your trying to draft.

3 Likes

Anyone see channel 7 news sports report? It was from Stevo so who knows, but Dons are interested in Jason Johannisen. What I found interesting about the report was Tim Watson grinning like a chesire cat. Read into that what you will.

3 Likes

fkg lol, the amount on here who don’t rate him.

1 Like

Good on JJ front because it’s an area of ground we have a dire need for.

And they can have a 2nd rounder for him, just like we got for our leading goal kicker off them.

2 Likes

I’d sell my soul for Dustin Martin. He’s exactly the type of player we need

4 Likes

Farking Rofl.
You don’t have one!

3 Likes

JJ and Dusty, let’s farken get them in. Then I can die a happy man.

2 Likes

BRING
HIM
IN

2 Likes

Can we please get both Josh Kelly & Jacob Hopper is some sort of Mega Deal??

1 Like

Fair point

1 Like

Maybe if we had 3 top 10 picks and loads and loads of spare cash - for Kelly