2017 free agents

Boyd is yet to prove anything and nothing to prove hes worth anywhere near a million dollars.

Been many a player who has played a good GF but has only proven to ne an average player.

1 Like

For a club like the dogs he played well in an equal most important game of the clubs life.

everything else means ■■■■ all to them.

1 Like

I read this and think that we’ve won two flags in the past 25 years, and it feels like a massive drought to me.

1 Like

Its about perspective isn’t it?

we’re a club that expects to play finals and win them.

dogs for the last half a century have just existed.

1 Like

Completely agree with Barnz.
You cannot debate it now. If Footscray have paid him $5 million to play one decent game (the grand final), that money was worth it.

If it means they lose half their playing list and they sit at the bottom of the ladder for 10 years. It was still worth it.

The clubs and supporters exist to win premierships, not finish 7th-10th every f*cking year.

Our list is not yet in a position to throw that sort of money at a player that can be the difference. But when the time comes, we need to be ruthless and forget about the future.

Making up the numbers is just not good enough.

3 Likes

I agree with what you’re saying about the Bulldogs. And it’s been so long since we’ve been a threat that it feels like we’ve traded places.

1 Like

He was also pretty critical in the PF.

Devon Smith please

2 Likes

we are one Devon smith away from a flag.

Wallis wanted out until brendan mccartney got sacked,.Hated playing the tagger role.

Mummie made him his ■■■■■!!

Didn’t @fogdog predict he was part of the Ryder trade?

Would love if we’ve been tapping him up in the long term

Mick Warner said that Whitfield and Hopper are most likely going at the end of the year and St Kilda lead the race for both.

Mick Warner is a moron.

1 Like

young midfielder leaving a club?

WHERE COULD THEY GO? ST KILDA?

next week will be collingwood
week after richmond.

then they’ll end up @ hawthorn.

2 Likes

StKilda seem to tip their hat in the ring for absolutely everybody the *****

Saints are in position to do so.

Very few older players on their list so heaps of free cash and Riewoldt / Montagna will be on heavily reduced contracts for 2018. Armitage would be on big $$ and he is pretty much cooked now, keeps getting injured and out of contract also IIRC.

From a player type perspective, Hopper would give that inside mid that Armitage is, Whitfield outside mid that Montagna is. Whitfield is from Mornington so family ties to live south part of Melb will be a factor.

With Hawks 1st rounder and their own will likely have two top 10 picks to use also. And will be able to offer players far more than GWS could.

I hope we after either Hopper or Whitfield ourselves though given likely losing Watson & Stanton as they fill list needs for us for player type also. And of course Setterfield should be targeted.

I reckon these would be the pick of the free agency crop:

BRIS: Tom Rockliff (Restricted)
CARL: Matthew Kreuzer (Unrestricted)
FREM: Nat Fyfe (Restricted)
MELB: Jake Spencer (Unrestricted)
RICH: Dustin Martin (Restricted)
SYD: Josh P Kennedy (Restricted)
SYD: Sam Reid (Restricted)
WCE: Eric Mackenzie (Restricted)
WCE: Matt Priddis (Unrestricted)

Updated Free Agency Lists:

Restricted Free Agent
Ben Howlett, Ben Sinclair, Claye Beams, Daniel Menzel, David Zaharakis, Dustin Martin, Eric MacKenzie, Gary Rohan, Hayden Ballantyne, Jack Trengove, Jackson Trengove, Jarryd Blair, Jasper Pittard, Josh Cowan, Josh Gibson, Josh Kennedy, Josh Thomas, Lachlan Keeffe ,Levi Casboult, Nathan Fyfe, Nicholas Suban, Ryan Harwood, Ryan Schoenmakers, Sam Reid, Scott Thompson, Shaun Burgoyne, Simon White, Steven Motlop, Taylor Duryea, Tom Rockliff, Zachary Clarke

Unrestricted Free Agent
Aaron Sandilands, Andrew Mackie, Andy Otten, Brent Stanton, Dale Morris, David Mundy, Dennis Armfield, Garrick Ibbotson, Heath Hocking, Jake Spencer, Jarrad McVeigh, Jobe Watson, Justin Westhoff, Kade Simpson, Lachlan Hansen, Leigh Montagna, Luke Hodge, Mark Lecras, Matthew Boyd, Matthew Kreuzer, Matthew Priddis, Michael Johnson, Nick Riewoldt, Robert Murphy, Sam Butler, Sam Gilbert, Sam Mitchell, Scott Thompson, Sean Dempster
Tom Lonergan, Tyson Goldsack,

1 Like

I would go chasing hopper, depending on our draft position and the relative quality of the draft pool.

1 Like

Is he worth a top 10 pick? or a top 20?