2017 membership

80k in sight when we’re undefeated after nine rounds.

6 Likes

Continues the feelgood factor around the club. I work with a guy from Canada who only moved to Melbourne last year (he did live in Sydney so he knew a bit about the game), we’d talk about the footy and he knew about all the stuff that happened to us the past few years. Anyway he seemed to take a passing interest in the Swans obviously from living up there, but as he lives in Airport West he knew Essendon were the most local club. His wife is a Hawk so last week just to annoy her he was barracking for us, but on Monday he told me that the game and the way we played has converted him over and he’s on the Bomber bandwagon!

14 Likes

Love this!

2 Likes

What do people know about tickets for the Sydney game at the SCG?

Thinking of heading up but not sure the best place to sit. I know of friends buying tickets in a visitors supporters section for other games, but don’t how to find these. Would like to be with Essendon folk.

Is there a good spot to go?

Telstra are also offering $20 reserved seats to customers for this game.

1 Like

He’s from freakin’ Canada and he didn’t already barrack for us? What is he, a McCluggage lover?!?

10 Likes

When Gleeson runs from the half-back and slots the sealer with the double cobra against the Dogs first week of finals, I reckon we’ll have close to 70,000

2 Likes

bend Carlton and Collingwood over at the G and we’ll be on our way to 70k.

78,000 isn’t close to 70,000.

Yep, only winning will get the bandwagoners to sign up.

Wowie

3 Likes

70k by round 10 if we are top four

2 Likes

Membership sales have slowed up considerably with our form.

Sold approx 65 a day since breaking or membership record.

Looking back at the membership cards over the years, 2004’s would have to be the worst.

Surely the physical card this year is beyond flimsy.

Not as flimsy as 2013’s.

2004’s has even started turning a yellow colour and I have it in a proper card sheet.

I think there’s two batches of cards, I just got mine and the families. Kids are thin mines ok.

Mines like a laminated piece of paper.

Mine’s fine.

I’m a country member.

And didn’t get a card.

1 Like

Oh I remember, alright.

4 Likes