2017 membership

anyone having issues getting reasonably priced tickets for the saints game this week?
trying to get seats through Ticketmaster this morning and the only seats that come up are $71 each GA not coming up as an option.
■■■■■■ if i’m paying that for a std H&A game

That’s nothing new.

They’re right arseholes when it comes to releasing tickets you’d actually want.

They also categorised bay 46 as “wing”!

1 Like

Price gouging at its finest

I guess this can go in here, not that many people will see it…

Did anyone else get a call from the club (or on behalf of the club) about a month ago selling a $100 “Bomber gift voucher” but it turns out to be a complete scam. I wanted to get the kids some stuff through the bomber shop and this seemed like a no-brainer, I figured they were trying to increase Bombershop sales by selling the vouchers and rather than discounting and they were throwing in some extra vouchers, a chance for a dinner with Sheedy and a draw to win some cash etc. I specifically told the girl/lady on the phone and of course she agreed I could spend it at the Bombershop.
I get the “Bomber Gift Card” and it’s rubbish. Seriously it can only be spent on deals that have nothing to do with Essendon. For example I cant spend around $30 the “date night pack” which is dinner and a movie, which sounds crap to begin with but it entitles you to hire DVD’s from a vending machine and the “dinner” is picked up from a Coles Express service station. Other things I can spend the “gift card” on include powerade or magazines from Coles Express, it’s an insult and I don’t know if the club is just taking the ■■■■ or if they have themselves been scammed.
As a member of the club, while I have chipped in for donations in the past (i.e. the new facility through blitz or an extra $15 with my membership) this is the first time that I have ever coughed up money when they have called chasing money for raffles or special member deals - I can guarantee that this is the last time.
Yeah, I know, a fool and his money are soon parted… Basically I am in a position where the kids still need Bomber’s gear and I’ve thrown $100 bucks down the drain, and while it hasn’t broken the bank I’m concerned that other members out there might be hit a lot harder by scams like these.

is this for real?

raised prices on all bar 1 of their home games apparently.

This reminds me of a call I got last year. As I was such a valued member, the caller congratulated me for having a chance to win some Essendon goodies…

“Great”, methinks!!!

All I had to do was buy $250 worth of raffle tickets to be included in the draw…:neutral_face:

It’s the Saints home game Friday night, not ours.

Yeah I got that call.

Like you I thought “wow…this seems like a good deal…support the club and get $100 voucher back”. But when I asked for clarification it was clear that I couldn’t use the voucher at the Bomber Shop. It was as you said for other crap.

I declined the offer.

Wow. That’s really bad. The club should treat members a lot better than that.

Like @RedandBlackPartisan this happened to me last year, although mine was $100 not $250.

Couldn’t use any of the vouchers so passed it onto our Bendigo supporter group for the people who travel quite a bit to and from Melbourne to use

Like you was fairly peeved.

Is there a link to the current clubs’ membership ladder? We should be looking for a top 4 finish.

Yeah I bought the $100 one last year. Got the phone call this year for $250. It’s like they just want to push the boundaries. I nearly choked when she said $250.

We buy memberships, we donate to the flight plan and various other things but that is just taking the ■■■■.

1 Like

@Catherine_Lio @Paul_Cousins

This post/story might be of interest to you guys. ??

1 Like

Thanks mate. Passed on the feedback earlier today.

(I’m a lurker of the highest order)

K

6 Likes

And tell Simon Conway not to send out emails titled “Bomber News: Zach Merrett injury update”… nearly crapped my dacks.

9 Likes

THIS

3 Likes

You won’t believe #7!

2 Likes

The son of a friend of mine lost his scarf with some badges on it after the game on Saturday. The club has been awesome and replaced it fully loaded with badges.

For all the whinging about what the club does wrong, they also do a hell of a lot right. Thanks EFC, you have made him a happy camper.

20 Likes

Saw that on twitter. It is a wonderful gesture from the club. Glad to hear your son is a happy camper and hope he is strong enough to carry all those badges… haha… it sure is fully loaded!!

7 Likes