2017 MRP/Tribunal

So I think we are agreeing here? Regardless, I think some justice has been done tonight. Still on the lenient side but ok given his good record.

3 Likes

So far today I have heard Robbo and Steve Price on the radio both suggest that Houli will be booed now, and it will sadly have racial overtonesā€¦

I canā€™t believe these comments!?!.. It is so freakingā€¦prejudicial??? Is that the word?

The mere suggestion that this is going to happen is an expose of the thinking of these two individuals, and it is disgraceful IMO.

We probably already boo him given he is a past player of a minority race.

Leigh Matthews said the same thing.

Are people seriously so stupid that theyā€™d boo Houli because Waheed Aly won a trinket that no-one cares about?

2 Likes

Youā€™d have to be struggling!! :wink:

1 Like

This is one of the things that really ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  me about this affair, and how the clueless media hammer things into peopleā€™s heads. Character references have zero to do with sentencing, and everything to do with how a judge/panel consider the defendantā€™s own testimony. Itā€™s not a matter of ā€˜gets less weeks because heā€™s a good blokeā€™ like farktard Gerald is going on about. Now if the MRP actually did use the references in that way - they either told the media that they did - in which case, the media would have reported that or, the media are making up ā– ā– ā– ā–  like they usually farking do. fark I hate them.

1 Like

You know the answer to that

Also just say on Houliā€™s one, not dissimilar to when Judd opened up Pavlich with an elbow
Judd got let off entirely I think.

I thought 2 to 3 for Houli
Like the Judd one, no question he meant to hit him, but I donā€™t know he necessarily meant to get him that high or that flush.(which the MRP gradings donā€™t really account for particularly well).

1 Like

We should cheer him simply for clouting a ā– ā– ā– ā–  Carlton player and knocking him into next week, if not next fortnight.

3 Likes

Unusual for Houli to hit a target while he was under any physical pressure. His lawyer shouldā€™ve submitted a significant amount of video tape of B Houli being chased & tackled as evidence

8 Likes

Bolt, Price, Leigh Matthews, Paul Murray are almost daring fans to boo Houli when he returns. So its inevitable. Lets see if they boo Clayton Oliver as well

Soā€¦ the AFL got what they wanted. Well, knock me down with a featherā€¦

I would but without the right character references I might get 6 weeks suspension

1 Like

Can you imagine if Oliver had done that to one of our blokes. Heā€™d be getting booed for the rest of his career. It would be glorious.

Should have been 6.

Lol.
So it was worse than Bickley, Six times as bad as Vineyā€™s three punches to the headā€¦so, about equal to 18 punches to the head, and three times as bad as Ranceā€™s.
Or equal to two Rance elbows and then following it up with six punches to the head.

Right.

I honestly donā€™t know what youā€™re talking aboutā€¦Viney did what now?

New to the thread, huh?

what did conca get for that scum hit the back of someones head a few years back?