2017 MRP/Tribunal

Was the PM actually a character reference BTW? Or did his defence just refer to comments the PM had previously made about Bachar in relation to his role as a multicultural ambassador for the AFL?

Have you considered accessorising to draw the eye in a different direction?

You’d think a team so dependent on Dustin Martin wouldn’t be so keen to establish a precedent of off field behavious factoring into tribunal decisions.

manifestly…manifestly…

2 Likes

I like “Basher” Houli, but I have watched the replay many times, and he hit Lamb with a back hand closed fist to the face in a deliberate intentional action.

Barry Hall would have got 10 weeks, Dustin Fletcher 8, so Basher deserves at least 6.

1 Like

Barry hall played in a gf the following week

4 minutes ago
Clarifying Houli’s act
“What he’s convicted of is not an intentional strike to the head, but an intentional strike, resulting in contact to the head” - Houli representative Michael Tovey:

dinny.navaratnam

9 minutes ago
On the striking action
“If he did it another 50 times, you couldn’t have got the same result of knocking a person out.” - Houli representative Michael Tovey

seriously… I think Bachar needs to re-enact the hit to Lamb’s the head 50 times to test that assumption from Tovey… You think Jed would be up to confirm this one?

2 Likes

This

Bit rough, … maybe his team mates can fill in for him, … one after another ??

All in favour say aye!!

2 Likes

I think Tovey should be the test dummy here. If he can withstand 50 hits & not get knocked out then I’ll be happy for Houli to be cleared. When he does get knocked out on the 1st contact Houli should get 10 - fair enough Michael???

3 Likes

20 minutes ago
Houli representative Michael Tovey:
“He is a shining example because … he’s encouraging others to embrace connection, to embrace mateship, to embrace these sorts of community values that we as Australians treasure.”

ok I see where Tovey’s going… the incident was an intentional embrace…

2 Likes

Tovey has been going for over an hour… we have a new saga…

So much ■■■■ has been bandied around on this topic. So much for a farking tribunal, when it really just becomes another trial by media.

3 Likes

5 minutes ago
Houli’s representative Michael Tovey has finished speaking

dinny.navaratnam

8 minutes ago
Houli didn’t mean it, his representative Michael Tovey says
It was not only wholly unintended, but it was immediately regretted.”

and after rewriting history, the defense rests…

I believe that’s the fact myself.

This saga will ruin Houli, He’s scared shitless of the ball anyway, now he’s gonna be extra worried about any physical contact.

Like what happened to Leroy Jetta’s confidence after he was suspended for staging.

4 weeks

Far enough too - it was an intentional blow to the head which knocked the player out.

It was the bringing in of character references that irritated me as they had nothing to do with the incident. I hope he doesn’t cop it on field when he comes back but if he does - this will be why and not racism which people will point to.

if they gave him 4 weeks straight up no one would give a ■■■■.

But after the PM and Aly debacle it seems manifestly ■■■■.

2 Likes