2017 MRP/Tribunal

They introduced (knee-jerked) the whole sliding rule because of Lindsay Thomas injuring someone. Don’t recall if he was suspended.

EDIT: he was offered two weeks, got off. The rules changed shortly afterwards as a result.

It’s actually a decent defence in the sense you can’t be legally tackled below the knee, but not something I want to see vindicated.

Sure:

That should put this issue to rest once and for all.

Clearly guilty.

9 Likes

We don’t need a protractored argument here. It’s not the right angle to take.

1 Like

I see what he did there.

Careless medium impact 2 weeks for mine.

I think Toby’s problem other than being named after someones dog is that he looks like a real tnuc and has a face you just wanna hit.

If he gets a bit of plastic surgery in the off season I thinks things will get better for him.

1 Like

If he’d tried that act in the 70’s or 80’s he would have needed plastic surgery after the retaliation.

In the “modern game” he thinks he can get away with it.

Good news for us that both Greene & Wines escaped suspensions and Redpath has been given 2 weeks.
Howlett fined.

Should have sent the MRP my findings.

2 Likes

Cowardly

Unfortunate for Essendon Howlett got a fine.

1 Like

wow, not sure how Wines escaped without a suspension. Leaves the ground and hit the guy in the head and only a fine.

5 Likes

MRP must be all ex players.

Howlett given a fine to justify poor umpiring decision. Get ■■■■■■ afl

6 Likes

This sport is now reaching farcical status. Kick a guy in the face fine. Even if you have been suspended 5 times this year. Jump off the ground and bump a guy in the head fine.
give a little jab to the guts 2 weeks down to one for an early plea even though you have never been reported before.
If you have an Essendon jumper you are ■■■■■■ and will continued to be ■■■■■■ over while this shitstain administration is in place. If your are a flog front runner from Richmond you can punch people if the guts as much as you like and get handed someone else bronwlow. Or if you are s snipping flog from hawthorn you are celebrated as tough.
Don’t even get started on howletts tackle. There was no force, there was no dumping the guys head to the ground and there was nothing illegal about the tackle yet he gets a fine.
Its a joke, but the reality is I am the fool to keep coming back to back my team, when I should go find myself a proper hobby.

2 Likes

Great stuff MRP

LOL. ■■■■ this ‘sport’.

4 Likes

Adelaide players performed three sling tackles far more dangerous in the 30 minutes previous to Howlett’s

Between this and the weird letting opponents not even try and dispose of it and yet we get half second htb’s against us this sport is corrupt and ■■■■■■.

1 Like

The sport is fine, the pelicans running it are ■■■■■■■ fried to a crisp

4 Likes

In the end I’m happy that Wines is clear to play against the Pups and Redpath is rubbed out. So yay MRP.

1 Like