2017 NAB Rising Star - Fri 1 Sep 17

#1.

Yeah thought as much but couldn’t recall. I was hoping he might slide further and we’d pick him up. Seems Dawks did well to pick him up relatively high given the risk.

Burton is 1yr 5mths older & thus had extra preseason / development.

Given the stats are fairly even.

McGrath should win.

3 Likes

Class of 2017

I like that our boy is front and centre!

Wallet on SEN just said that MCG this year halved the average outcome of every player he played on.

No idea how you work that out in such definitive terms but wow

2 Likes

*output

I think this talk of extra pre seasons etc is irrelevant. He’s eligible for the award or he wouldn’t have been nominated and you have to judge the winner on their 2017 season only.

Something that is relevant is that they played completely different roles. Burton often played loose while McGrath was always responsible for the number 1 or 2 small forward.

Burton has better offensive numbers and McGrath better defensive outcomes. I reckon judges usually go with the attacking numbers and Burton will win it. No real issue though. Nobody will care in 5 years when he’s a top level player in the league.

2 Likes

With analysis like that he really should be a list manager of some sort

3 Likes

Who is the obviously redneck racist dude on the LH side who refuses to sit close to the gentlemen of colour? :zipper_mouth_face:

Burton is more centre with a lighter suit to stand out…

optics.

McLuggage

Ever been a tie? Is it possible?

3 Likes

‘POPS’ PASSES IT ON

Essendon nominee Andrew McGrath says retiring teammate James Kelly took him under his wing in 2017, leaving a parting gift for the Bombers. McGrath, who was nominated in round four, was the first player interviewed on stage today. “He (Kelly) has really taken an interest in my development and he’s got a wealth of knowledge he’s been willing to pass on to me.”

1 Like

Burton trying to stand out with ugly as F socks. I’m calling it now, another Hawks toss bag.

3 Likes

It’ll be burton

But FMD Gil get on with it and stop moaning

For those watching on Fox Footy they are on an hr delay. SEN has live coverage.

1 Like