2018 Fixture - has been released

I reckon we’ll get that as a minimum. It’s all about us now, … (well,. not all, … but a fair bluddy bit …)

1 Like

While the march has become an annual event, is it now part of our fixture that needs to be planned for? There is a problem with having it on the same round or against the same opponent every year, it gives the other team a chance to organize their own supporters into their own march.

Right now the march is ours and unique, l would like to keep this psychological edge sharp, by using it against an opponent we need to dominate on the field, the Dawks don’t meet that requirement now. Perhaps for 2018 we could save it for the Tiges.

If we play hawthorn round 1 again, will this become a new traditional fixture?

We finished 8th, so the bulk of the teams we play twice will be drawn from the #7 to #12 ranked teams: Port, Melbourne, St Kilda, Bulldogs and Hawthorn. Frankly, I’d quite like double up against any of those as events, with a Collingwood thrown in. You would think we’re a monty to play Port twice as the only interstate team in that group. That does imply we might be playing more of the other interstate teams away if we’re playing 4 of our 5 doubles against Victorian teams.

Games against Melbourne, Bulldogs, Hawthorn, St Kilda and Port should have a lot riding on them next year. They’d be fantastic matches.

Hey Gil

Save the crappy Sunday twighlight time slots for North vs whoever when no one is watching or even wants to

Friday Nights alright for the Bombers whoever we play against

I actually like those timeslots. But then, I do live 15 minutes walk from Etihad…

Anyone else hate Friday night games? Difficult to get to due to work and kids and just annoying all round.

5 Likes

What a start to the season when we do the hawks by 10 goals in Round 1!

Essendon games should only be played at night.

arvo sucks.

2 Likes

Good for away games so I can sit on the couch and relax. Not for home games. Sat arvo is my preference.

3 Likes

I’m a 10 minute drive from etihad and I hate that slot. Still get home around 7:30-7:45. At least the night games you can have dinner beforehand

It frustrates me because I finish work at 7 and by the time you leaves it’s around 7:30 but if I was finishing earlier then I wouldn’t mind them

Bear in mind Anzac Day is Wednesday and how much difficulty we had after AD last year.

I would not want to be playing a team like Sydney or GWS around that date.

They could give us and Collingwood an early bye. Otherwise we play Melbourne or Richmond who will probably play Anzac eve. Anything else is unfair.

My thinking is both Collingwood and Essendon play a game the previous Saturday. Have a four day turnaround before Anzac Day which then leaves 10 days before the next game.

1 Like

I think we should play Bulldogs Round 11.

It’s the Bulldogs unlucky number.

That’s tghe fairest/best option. They did that in 2012

Yeah…seems fairest…in 2012, that was the South Yarra clinic week. That’s still the one that upsets me the most…oh yeah, someone left some medication behind, let’s inject everyone with it. Ask f*cking questions.

We played Carlton on the Saturday and Lonergan sorted out Carrazzo’s sh*t.

4 Likes

I fkg love BT

That’s one of the biiiiiiiiiiigest beeeeeendersssssss I’ve seen darce!!!

3 Likes

This year there were also some Thursday night games, but that would only apply for one team, the other team could play on the Friday night before ANZAC day, that would allow 6 and 5 day breaks between them. Not ideal but the 4 day break is brutal, it doesn’t allow players enough time to recover properly and could lead to injuries, it then becomes a player welfare issue.

1 Like