2018 Free Agents

I doubt the phantom agents could help us lets alone a free agent!

Heading for our 3rd bottom 4 finish in 3 years and were not sure if we are heading up or require a rebuild.

No decent player is coming to us this year.

If your prediction of where we finish turns out to be true, then I don’t see the problem. We got three last year, and we would get a top 3 - 4 draft pick. Not such a shabby outcome over two years in my eyes.

2 Likes

I agree its a decent haul.

My comment is more that people need to reign in expectations. If they start discussing which x inside hun we are going to trade in, they may be disappointed when it doesn’t happen.

1 Like

Agree there, but I think it’d be more to do with the draft. I would think we’d be trying to improve our draft position rather than giving picks away. We’ll more likely trade out players + picks to move back into the second round.

Sloan I can see us chasing due to the free agency. Personally I think he’s a quick short term fix that certainly won’t address our long term midfield issues.

1 Like

idgaf about free agency, just ■■■■ off deadwood in all facets of the club, shoot neeld into the sun and get some coaches and players that will work to a common goal.

There is slim pickings with FAs this year.

Given the quality in the draft we should look to trade up a bit and hit it hard with a refresh dumping all the list cloggers.

Still think the priority is mids (top picks), small forwards and rucks.

So Graham Cornes said his trusted source told him that Belinda has received a massive offer from Channel 7 Melbourne and that Sloane is gone. The deal that Belinda will get won’t have an effect Sloanes dollar apprantley what ever the Crows offer wont change his mind.

2 Likes

Just posted in the HS that he had put negotiations on hold.
Surely we’d be trying to have a crack at him.
He is a clearance jet

That’s old news re his Mrs & channel 7. Reported that ages ago. The fact that she is now pregnant & likely wanting family support around her is probably more telling than the job offer TBH. I don’t have a problem targeting Sloane, he certainly fits with the Hooker/Hurley age demographic/window. I’d be wary about offering a 29yo that plays the combative style he does a long term deal though.

1 Like

As long as he’s over his concussion issues, I’d like him for sure.

can run the midfield with our braindead zach

Get McCartin in the forward line too

and zac dawson for defence.

Reckon 2 years with a trigger for a 3rd

Hope so would be nice to get one back after stealling Hibberd.

So how does that help us to a flag? I’m not sure it does. And I wouldn’t be offering anything like What Adelaide would want. I’d rather go to the draft than take Sloane.

9 Likes

If he was an unrestricted free agent (which IIRC the rules were going to change to allow it) you’d be all over it.

But given will have to trade and Crows probably will want a first rounder, coughed up two for Gibbs (was contracted though), I don’t think we go after him unless can avoid handing over our 1st.

Picks aside Francis &/or Redman would likely be part of any trade IMO

Herald Sun reporting that Aaron Hall wants out at the end of the year. Might help our midfield woes.

3 Likes

Can’t handle the tag but might do much better with others around him who are better getting the attention. He’s a bit like Zaka.

Probably doesn’t say much that he got dropped and seemingly cracked sads and requesting trade. IIRC only re-signed last yr.

We need a contested ball brute moreso than him however.