2018 Grand Final - eat a big bag of dicks, ya Wobbles!

How farking good was Jeremy McGovern all day!

Game winning mark and play on in the last minute of the game was the cherry on top.

4 Likes

Should have got the Norm for mine.

If only it wasn’t now yet another midfielders award, … he would have.

3 Likes

11 Likes

None whatsoever. Alot of sandgropers are still calling “Victoria Bias” based on the whinging for the non-decision. Tell your mates it ain’t Victorian Bias, it’s just Pies fans. The rest of Victoria are loving what has happened to them.

4 Likes

And we didn’t have to hear quarterbrain call it

1 Like

Loved Eddie after all these years of saying how Collingwood are Collingwood and independent and all other clubs can get stuffed and what not then comes out asks Victoria to support them for the game.
Muppet.
And yes I do recall sheeds doing something similar in 01. But sheeds isn’t a flog and our club isn’t a $hit stain on the fabric of space and time.

1 Like

What you don’t know about us could fill lakeside oval. Most people here are still gutted Crows shat the bed last year.

Good mark. Was because degooey stayed back to get a sneaky one out the back. YOU lost the game degooey!

Jesus, that last 2 minutes video is unbelievable:

1. Trelaor sells his teammate down theriver with that kick inside 50, I reckon the Collingwood player’s ribs are sorer than McGovern’s were.

2. A lot was made of the McGovern kick to Vardy, but wow, there was plenty of space to hit him up, and Collingwood just let Vardy come up and mark it.

3. The Collingwood player who had the ball on the ground after the Ryan mark had to get up quickly, hold onto the ball and get back well behind the mark, then throw it straight back to Ryan. The umps are much more lenient with time in that case than when the guy just doesn’t get up. This prevents Ryan playing on quickly.

4. After the Sheed goal Collingwood get clear possession through Maynard off the back of the square and he just handballs up to nothing but 3 oncoming eagles, yes he was under pressure but he did have a split second and that had to be enough for them to retain possession at worst.

5. When they rush the point they’ve got one chance to win. You hear Richo on the call say “degoey’s in the goal square” at this point, watching live I get a horrible feeling because if they get the ball anywhere near him, they win. But they don’t set up right and the kick from Maynard (again!) Is a shocker (surely he’s not the longest kick in the side?) If Collingwood run that play over a thousand times don’t reckon the come up with as bad as they did: chest mark to an opposition midfielder forward of the centre square.

Westcoast did a great job to execute an MAY have been lucky with the block to allow the Sheed mark, but club train the scenario they were faced with over and over again, Collingwood bottled it so badly that WCE should have won by 10 points points. Possibly more. I can only hope clockwork orange meets collective minds at the Holden centre over the summer and the come back the dribbling mess the world needs Collingwood to be.

10 Likes

Time in forward half in 4th qtr was at 86% West Coast’s favour, pies fans complaining about the umpires in the last five minutes are delusional. Pies were dead on their feet that QTR and the eagles had so many opportunities to finish them.

Yes the pies player could have held up the ball so Ryan didn’t get that kick in, also one minute earlier the Pies had two flying shots at goal both that didn’t even register a score.

If that checkside went through, maybe different story, but also if the Pies played out more than the first five minutes of the 4th qtr, then they also could have won, they were beaten fairly though plain to see the Eagles were all over them since halfway through the third.

Great grand final, thank goodness conventional big marking, big goal footy won (NO RULE CHANGES) and hopefully the death of smallball (fingers crossed)

5 Likes

Have a way different view from this board.

EFC 2019 is a fair way off a flag

1 Like

You must be a genuine firecracker of a wife Heffsgirl, or do you only share your true self with us?

1 Like

Pies fans are such sore losers, eagles were the better team, if darling held that mark in the square it wouldn’t be a discussion point. They also got the better end of the umpiring on the day, there were some hot htb decisions against the eagles that didn’t go the other way but sure focus on one decision

3 Likes
2 Likes

I was at the game and looked up and saw de Goey one out with Schofield and the only two in their half of the field. Schofield had a great game but is slow and that looked a super dangerous match up.

However WC were set up across the middle with 3 unmanned players and so the chance of the ball getting to de Goey was almost nil.

WC were very well organised and Pies were shot.

It was interesting to me as I immediately thought of the Dreamtime game and the set up that the Tigers had with an impenetrable line of players unmanned when the ball was in our half of the ground.

You simply cannot afford to all get sucked into the play. You must keep players back and put your faith in those in your back half to win the footy. If they dont, fair enough you lose, but if you do win the footy, you absolutely need to have someone to kick to.

2 Likes

What’s even stranger is that Collingwood broke Richmond’s zone down the previous week repeatedly in the same circumstances. This was largely due to how they set up across the middle to combat those spare players. But when faced with a similar set up this week from the Eagles for some reason Collingwood didn’t use the same setup.

1 Like

Schofield didn’t lose a single one on one all game playing on the Pies best forward.

6 Likes

Yeah, he had a wonderful game. First thought though when I saw just the two of them one out was a foot race would be dangerous for WC if the ball landed in the fwd 50.

That’s true, it’s interesting isn’t it. I reckon perhaps it shows that teams know what to do and know what’s been trained but fatigue and pressure still play a major part even for the very well drilled groups.

1 Like

McGovern was good but Shuey was unbelievable all day. Contested beast.

If I was voting I would have gone 3 Shuey 2 Sheed 1 Langdon, with McGovern and Treloar the next two