2018 Grand Final - eat a big bag of dicks, ya Wobbles!

Will give you Natasha, not sure on Julie.

1 Like

So many Pies supporters sooking about the umpiring today. its amazing

5 Likes

Just finished watching the replay this morning, due to work commitments. A cracking contest. Apart from the first 25 minutes the WEalges always looked like they would steal it. The fortuitous Rioli goal got them back into it and from then on it was a matter of grinding away. The Pies who had been relentless in the pressure they applied to the Tiges, just couldn’t maintain it here. The ruck contest was decisive with Grundy nullified by Vardy in particular, and the efforts of Cox and Darling cancelled each other out, in games that mirrored each other remarkably.

Sidebottom was under used and should have been given more time on the ball. Simpson had done his homework and Steele largely became a non factor in the game, same as Pendles. Shuey and Sheed were huge and so were Barass and of course McGovern. The Pies small forwards were largely invisible and Schofield had a fine game overall. Ryan definitely squibbed that marking contest, but made up for it with his mark over Langdon in the last passage of play. Rioli didn’t block Maynard, nothing in it. The chumpires did a pretty good job all told. Missed a few, as they always do, including the obvious high tackle on Shuey and Howe was not pinged for HTB, when he should have been. The game was not decided by the officiating.

Best GF since the Swans beat the Dawks.

5 Likes

Fmd there is no reasoning with pies supporters - apparently I don’t know the rules.

They reckon that 50 against mihocek shouldn’t have been paid - he just about slung him to the ground but they claim the wce player played on and so no free kick. And they’re having a sook about the bump on maynard from ryan I think - should have been a free kick; I stll have no idea for what. And the sooking about ruck free kicks lol.

Is it the umpires fault they gave up a 5 goal lead too?

2 Likes

Plus they reckon sidebottom was being illegally held in every contest. He looked pretty free to me most of the game.

I tend to agree that rioli didn’t block Maynard, he was protecting the drop to take the mark before sheed dropped in to mark. Sheed sure as hell played on though.

3 Likes

Wonder how many signatures this guy will get! :joy:

3 Likes

His hands on willie’s head?

2 Likes

Hmm … … … MCG … … Grand Final Day … … … game in progress … … … … … and he’s got the head of willy in his hand. FFS, concentrate on the game man! Save that shitt until after you’ve won!

calm down bruce.

1 Like

I’ve never watched it, but for a little while I was wondering there must have been a celebrity version of that show and which Rioli I was on it.

Their loss is even more delicious with a controversial umpiring decision to add to the mix.

6 Likes

And their runner costing them a goal

1 Like

Haven’t heard the usual moaning from Victorians about the Premiership Cup leaving its spiritual home blah blah this time around.

That’s good.

3 Likes

Wasn’t in the 4th quarter when a Collingwood player (Howe?) dived on the ball in the Eagles’ goal square? Thought it was clearly HTB and it wasn’t paid - would have been a certain goal to the Eagles then.

2 Likes

Maybe the Collingwood player could go towards the ball, rather than away from it?

5 Likes

Watching 360 for the first time this year. Thwy keep repeating the last 2 mins. Glorious.

1 Like

Yep, I think it was midway through the qtr. clear free kick imo

2 Likes

I didnt think that should have been 50 meters - in the context of what else was ignored for a 50.