Yeah we were so used to having our club bashed in the media during the saga that’it feels weird now that we are getting talked about positivly.
Here fwiw is how CD rank the teams talent wise. Its pretty clear they use different algorithms to those used to generate player rankings as published on the AFL web site.
- Sydney Swans – Five elite players (Lance Franklin, Dan Hannebery, Tom Papley, Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe).
Note: The Swans also have a stunning 12 above average players.
- Port Adelaide – Six elite players – (Robbie Gray, Paddy Ryder, Justin Westhoff, Charlie Dixon, Chad Wingard and Travis Boak).
Note: The Power has 10 above average players, with Jack Watts and Steven Motlop in that category. New recruit Tom Rockliff was rated average last year, largely because of injury.
- Adelaide – Six elite players (Brodie Smith, Rory Sloane, Rory Laird, Eddie Betts, Tom Lynch and Taylor Walker).
Note: The Crows have five above average players.
- GWS – Four elite players (Zac Williams, Toby Greene, Jeremy Cameron and Lachie Whitfield).
Note: The Giants have 10 above average players.
- Melbourne – Four elite players (Jake Lever, Christian Petracca, Jayden Hunt and Tom McDonald).
Note: The Demons have eight above average players including Clayton Oliver, Max Gawn, Jack Viney and Nathan Jones.
- Geelong – Four elite players (Patrick Dangerfield, Gary Ablett, Sam Menegola and Daniel Menzel).
Note: The Cats have seven above average players.
- Western Bulldogs – One elite player (Jason Johannisen).
Note: The Dogs have nine above average players and 12 average players. Marcus Bontempelli is only in the average category.
- Richmond – Three elite players (Shane Edwards, Dustin Martin and Alex Rance).
Note: The Tigers have nine above average players.
- Hawthorn – Three elite players (Ben McEvoy, Luke Bruest and Cyril Rioli).
Note: The Hawks have seven above average players.
Collingwood – Three elite players (Jeremy Howe, Scott Pendlebury and Jack Crisp).
Essendon – Two elite players (Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Michael Hurley).
Note: The Bombers have nine above average players.
- West Coast – Six elite players (Jeremy McGovern, Elliot Yeo, Shannon Hurn, Josh Kennedy, Luke Shuey and Nic Naitanui).
Note: The Eagles have two above average players. Andrew Gaff is listed as an average player.
- North Melbourne – One elite player (Todd Goldstein).
Note: The Kangaroos have six above average players.
- St Kilda – One elite player (Jack Sinclair).
Note: The Saints have seven above average players.
- Gold Coast – Two elite players (Aaron Hall and Tom Lynch).
Note: The Suns have four above average players.
- Brisbane Lions – Two elite players (Daniel Rich and Dayne Zorko).
Note: The Lions have four above average players, including Luke Hodge.
- Fremantle – One elite player (Nat Fyfe).
Note: The Dockers have five above average players.
- Carlton – One elite player (Sam Docherty).
Note: The Blues have five above average players.
Josh Kelly and Zac Merrett not elite according to their rankings? LOL
What a load of nonsense from CD.
There are lots of LOLS in their opinion. They can massage statistics in some arcane way and end up with last years premiers 8th best for talent.
Because its based on 2 years average, and we were spooners in 2016, our players have been downgraded. If you take just 2017 figures we have 5 or 6 elite players. I wouldn’t take too much notice of the CD assessment of us.
But they rate Hurley elite and he didn’t play in 2016
Rockliff played 20 games in 2017 and 17 in 2016. I don’t see how injury affects his rating
Joe Daniher isn’t elite ?
How can anyone take Champion Data serious !
He was double elite in 2017
I can’t take them seriously if they’re no longer rating Houli elite.
How in the farking fark are Zerret and JD not elite? I think an argument for Fanta good probably be put up too
Given that our 2016 was poor, but fast tracked a lot of young players. I think we can compare ourselves with the other top teams based on an assessment of just 2017. In that case we have about 6 elite and about 6 above average, which puts us up there with Port, Adeleaide, Geelong and GWS with Sydney clearly top for talent.
Brownlow votes. BRISBANE LIONS
- Dayne Beams (17 votes)
- Dayne Zorko* (14) [ineligible]
- Stefan Martin (6)
4**. Daniel Rich (4)**
- Dustin Martin (36 votes)
- Trent Cotchin (8)
- Alex Rance (8)
Shane Edwards 0 ( zero)
Daniher,Hooker,Fantasia,Merret,Heppel not elite? lol CD is a crock of ■■■■■.