2019 Practice Match v Sandringham 30th March 12.30 Sandringham Beach Oval

Thanks cuz.

1 Like

First post guys.

Was at Sandy yesterday (sideways rain and hail f you donā€™t mind!) and have to agree that Mozzie was the good news story of the day-it looked like he was handling a different ball. Thought Jok was very good also-clean hands, good decision making and some big tackles. Given he is 6ā€™4, I think we could do worse than give him a go at some stage.

15 Likes

JOK impressed me also.

Only the second time I have seen him but his footy smarts are way better than I thought they would be. His hand balling as you say was very good.

Once given space to run he is very quick.

2 Likes

We need a running machine in the wing for the seniors. Bring him inā€¦

2 Likes

Did he make any of his usual 1-2 major blunders?

He is a seriously good prospect, Iā€™d be happy to give him a solid patch in the seniors this year.

I wasnā€™t watching him the whole time but I was impressed with how vocal he was. He was directing traffic and looked like he was making a huge effort to set up the structures which ultimately set up the victory.

I didnā€™t see him go by foot a whole lot but his handballing was very impressive.

Well worth a rookie spot.

1 Like

Surely he us worth a go with his versitilityā€¦ he can literally play every position on the groubdā€¦ inckuding ruck.

1 Like

I noticed this also. Good vision, quick thinking, several long flat handpasses to players out wide.

I didnā€™t see any blunders at all tbh.

4 Likes

For Mo22ieā€™s first goal start at the 41:25 throw-in. Iā€™ve watched it a few times and I still canā€™t work out what the hell heā€™s doing, apart from getting closer and closer to goal.

Draper2Houlahan, start at 1:55:40

12 Likes

I canā€™t actually remember the last time in the seniors we had a big man take a grab in the centre, then kick it down for a pack mark in our forwardline :frowning:

Bring them in!

I like the fact that Draper took the mark then rushed back to take his kick

Mozzie looks just like that, you can see him zip in between two players like theyā€™re stationary and kick the goal before theyā€™d moved.

Itā€™s a practice match and they show more team spirit than the AFL side in a big game.

3 Likes

Just watched that Mozzie goal.
Iā€™d started to forget why I watch footy - thanks for the reminder.

2 Likes

Come along to a VFL game, it can remind you of the things you love about footy.

5 Likes