2020 BBFFL#2 Discussion

You’re going to beat me without even needing your bench scores

It’s looking good for me now I think. Good game from Shiel and below what you needed from Weller will make it tough for you. That said, I’m an injury away from things turning against me, touch wood.

I think you’d need two injuries and you only have four players to come (including three in the current game who have started well). Pretty unlikely.

Incredible effort to turn pazza‘s dumpster fire squad around so quickly and win a flag. I was in favour of some sort of draft concessions when you first entered the league - you didn’t need anything.

Dawson off after a head clash…

Not counting my chickens yet

He’s back on

Papley looks set to make me look silly after leaving him out for the first time this year

If he’d kicked straight, yes. He still may, of course. 5 scoring shots in a half of footy!?

Cost me 24 in the end

So CBH has five players to try to run down 309 points plus Dunkley.

Ivan looking good here but it’s not over.

Far from over. Dixon, ladhams and de goey are all capable of big scores. Hope it farking ■■■■■■ down tomorrow.

Dunkley has started very quietly but can score in quick bursts. Aish and Hill looking respectable outside the 22. I decided to play the mid 50 scores (bird in hand and all that) but it may yet prove costly.

Game on. Fyfe and English hitting the scoreboard and Dunkley nowhere to be seen.

They’re all capable of big scores but not on the same day. And they’re all going to have to score 80+ for me to have a chance. It’s not happening

70 each will be the number I reckon. It’s doable.

Maybe a little less in fact given the way this match is going

Gee, poor showing from Dunkley leaves the door wide open. You need to average 62 from your last 3 to win. Very very doable.

On averages you win this.

Papley’s extra points would be very handy right now.

What are the rules in the event of a draw? @redbull

The AFL comes back next week for you.

3 Likes

Redbull picks a Finals game next week where you each have to choose a mediocre fantasy scorer (ave 40 and under) from one of the two teams competing; first player to notch a fantasy point wins.

2 Likes

I presumed it was some sort of count back or season averages or season total, but both those options sound more appealing.

That score by papley was his equal second highest and only the second time he’s gone past 55 since Rd 8.

Dunkley lowest score for the year. Only Lyons second score under 70 for the year too. Fmd

English loses 2 points on adjustments.

I think @Come_Back_Hirdy is going to run me down here to be honest

I may have conceded a little early but I still think you’re in front. De Goey kicked four goals last week and absolutely dominated but only scored low 60s and Dixon was playing on BZT against Essington last week and only scored 71. Both of them playing much better teams this week.

Fully expect at least one of the three to score <40 and put paid to any comeback chance

We cross our fingers and hope like hell that it doesn’t happen in a Grand Final. Be rather annoying that after 1457 games without a draw that it finally happens in a Grand Final!

3 Likes