2020 BBFFL#2 Discussion

I was really hoping/expecting Dunkley to close the gate on you but he just didn’t play on ball as much he has the past few weeks. Fyfe and English both scored well and now I’ll be sweating bullets tomorrow.

I really admire your passion, and obviously you can make your own decisions, but I’d suggest not watching the game tonight. Watch a movie, spend time with the family, do something to make you forget it’s even on. I’ll try to do the same.

Given you can’t affect the result, there’s no practical benefit. And from my extremely limited perspective through an Internet forum it doesn’t seem good for your mental health to be riding the bumps on every minute of every game. I know I feel a lot less anxious when I just look at the scores occasionally - preferably just even at the end of a match

1 Like

I’ll probably not tune in until the last quarter when the kids are down but I’d probably have to drop my phone in a bucket of water to not be checking the scores every now and then.

Win or lose I’m pretty happy with what I’ve done with the squad since I took over and if the extra bragging rights of winning this don’t fall my way I’ll still sleep well.

I got a fair dose off luck the way the results fell in the final round and the way you scored in wk 1.

If my luck ran out with Dunkley last night I’ll just have to cop that…

… And hit the trade thread :blush:

3 Likes

All the best tonight guys, can only be one winner, but both equally worthy.

4 Likes

Can’t see Ivan losing from here. CBH needs 145 from DeGoey, Ladhams & Dixon in second half when they have only lodged 42 in first half.

Still possible for CBH, but thinking Ivan has one hand on the cup…

1 Like

Yeah, looks like that half went as well for me as it could. Goal scorers can score in quick bursts though.

Premiership quarter coming up.

Two hands on the cup now. Well done @ivan

Taking Pazza’s list to premiership within 3-4 years has singlehandedly made me believe in miracles. Or good fantasy football management. One of the two…

Congrats @Ivan!

3 Likes

Feels like only yesterday I was writing @ivan messages from a holiday in Sri Lanka about how our comp worked. I distinctly remember how dismayed he was with the list - “why so many key positions players!”

One slight dampener is that with Covid it does make me really miss holidays.

2 Likes

Congrats Ivan on turning around that list and snaring a flag and commiserations to CBH. You had a good year and have a good list to go on with next year.

1 Like

I think it’s safe for the coach to join the players on the bench at this point.

Full credit should go to @Come_Back_Hirdy who was our minor premier and clear top scorer for the season. Luck didn’t fall his way in the final round and the real world draw probably worked in my favour.

Stoked to come away with the win though. Worth noting that 11 of that final 18 was brought in this year through two trade periods, the fa market and the draft.

Big shout out to those who helped out with some trading in the first year in particular which was, while mutually beneficial, slightly more generous than it probably needed to be. There were a few of you and I don’t want to leave a name out so I won’t write a list but you know who you are.

Thanks to @redbull for his dedication in running a fabulous comp. He puts in a huge effort every year.

With that said I might put him to work so I can bask a little. Do you have pazza’s original list to hand redbull?

4 Likes

Well played @ivan

Commiserations & karma @Come_Back_Hirdy

Had I have made the GF & looked to properly setup my team I’d have won!

Motlop out, Langers from C to F and Sheed back in from injury.

Speedy 1277 def Ivan 1253!

Damn you for flogging me in prelim @Come_Back_Hirdy!

Cheers for inviting me into league @redbull made an otherwise ordinary AFL season entertaining

4 Likes

Impressive.

1 Like

Great work , Ivan! Congrats on a wonderful year.

Commiserations to CBH. A great year nonetheless.

Thanks to all , especially Red, who did a mountain of work in a real world year that has been absolutely bizarre.

2 Likes

If I’d picked papley I would have won :stuck_out_tongue:

Now now you picked your team as is.

I spat the dummy when losing the prelim and didn’t even look at mine til’ a few games into final round. Sheed would have been def starter. Let me enjoy my faux win dream already! Ha!

And you go bask in the glory of your actual win.

2 Likes

Now if you’d all like to make your way to the trade thread I have just liberally sprinkled my discards with premiership dust.

4 Likes

Here you go - Pazza’s squad at the end of 2016. By the time you took over and once AFL lists were finalised 7 of the 31 were gone.

Player Ave 2016 Position
Sebastian Ross C 98
Mark Blicavs CR 86
Shane Mumford R 85
Steven Motlop CF 83
Josh Gibson B 82
Zach Tuohy B 73
Matthew Pavlich F 73
Billy Hartung C 72
Will Langford C 71
Tom Bell CF 69
Paul Puopolo F 68
Jesse Lonergan BC 67
Andrew Moore C 65
Jimmy Toumpas C 62
Matt Taberner F 61
Mitch Hallahan C 61
Cameron Pedersen F 60
Chris Dawes F 57
Connor Menadue CF 56
Jamie Bennell B 56
Ben Stratton B 52
Levi Casboult F 52
Tom Barrass B 50
Daniel Rioli F 49
Tom Lonergan B 48
Josh Schache F 47
Cam O’Shea B 47
Ted Richards B 41
Matt White CF 15
Yestin Eades F 0
Michael Hurley B 0
2 Likes

I enjoyed the symmetry of picking up rioli again as a an FA late in the season this year.

2020 BBFFL#2 Grand Final Result
Ivan 1253 defeated Come Back Hirdy 1165

Congratulations to @ivan on his win - a remarkable effort considering his starting position. Also well done to @Come_Back_Hirdy on finishing on top and making his first Grand Final.

The 2020 BBFFL#2 Merv Neagle Medal results will be released on a date TBA.

Thanks again for all the contributions by my fellow coaches this year.

7 Likes