2020 Grand Final Richmond vs Geelong

If we’re head ■■■■■■, what are you for wishing an opposing Captain who smugly accepted Jobes Brownlow medal to win another flag. Gets some ■■■■■■■ perspective!!
■■■■ that bullet chin thieving ■■■■. Hope he gets knocked out in the 1st 5 minutes like he did to Shiel in the prelim a few years back. Hope the cats win by a point, after multiple extended quarters.

4 Likes

I hate Richmond. So it’s cat…

1 Like

Let’s go, Geelong!

Would have loved for this to be played here but it would have meant 2:30am or so waiting outside the MCC

And his natural sun tan should be an embarrassment to Hird, Goodwin & X.

2016 was similar to this year where the winner of both qualifying finals lost in the prelims. Geelong lost to Sydney and GWS lost to the Dogs.

But obviously the Dogs didn’t lose in the first week (Hawthorn did then lost to the dogs in straight sets).

Bruce: THE LITTLE MASTER!!!

Drink!

2 Likes

BTW I absolutely farking hate that we’re doing the night grand final. just love the Daytime, Saturday afternoon slot.

and ill be a complete mess by night time after day drinking at whatever GF shindig im at

2 Likes

If there’s one good thing about not watching the game at the pub this year, it’s if Richmond get on top i can turn the game off.

Will be interesting to see whether the Tiges will combat Geelong’s ruck duo of Blicavs/Stanley by bringing in another ruckman to help Nankervis?

The Geelong rucks have been vital in their last two finals wins so would be causing Dimma a few headaches tonight.

1 Like

Won’t it only be afternoon your time?

I just looked it up. My suspicion was correct - this is the first time both qualifying final losers have made the GF under this system.

1 Like

I think Richmond’s win over Geelong in round 17 is overplayed.

Geelong only played VFL in round 16 so they weren’t ready for the step up in class

Love seeing how much it means to the players

2 Likes

The claws will be out next week!

Will Richmond actually get a GF opponent who shows up on the day and doesn’t roll over with a whimper? Even if they do, they’re highly unlikely to wilt under pressure like Collingwood and Brisbane did the last two weeks. I hope I’m wrong; I hate both teams but I have a special kind of loathing for Richmond.

I don’t think I can bear to watch.

1 Like

Yep it’s going to be really hard to watch and it’s going to hurt seeing either side win for all reasons already given above. But… I don’t do envy… so it has to be good luck to both sides (supporters) having the opportunity to be there in a Grand Final. Yep it’s going to be crap seeing the winner enjoy the moment (although I switch it off before the siren as I don’t need to see the celebrations).

Grand finals are tough to watch, especially given how hard it has been for us year after year to get any real traction and be in the mix. It’ll come one day. But in the meantime we have to take our medicine and suck it up and hope the club works its butt off to do what it takes to be a top side again. It’ll be sweet when we get there.

4 Likes

its over.

richmond by half time.

Just another GF I won’t be watching.

2 Likes

We’re still labeling this one with an asterisk, right?

3 Likes

Some ones for @theDJR and other stats nerds

List of AFL/VFL seasons where neither of the top 2 sides have made the Grand Final:

Results in those years:

1980 - Richmond won by 81 pts
2019 - Richmond won by 89 pts
2020 - TBA

3 Likes