2020 round 4 vs Fark Carlton - here’s the team

Raz 4 goals.

I’m a bit surprised at Gleeson’s selection. We have an overload of medium sized defenders, who can’t play on genuine talls or on a quick small player like Betts.
I probably would have preferred Ham for versatility and bit of run late in the game, especially if Fanta has limited impact, or his endurance is a bit suspect.

12 Likes

I completely agree with you. Teams that rotate their list this year properly will be at an advantage.

But if you miss your not stiff. A stiff player is someone who’s been killing it in the vfl without opportunity.

2 Likes

interesting with hindsight that gleeson is picked, as was mckenna was going to be ( we assumed he’d play forward) so that means he was coverage for the backline.

so i wonder who from the backline may be moved up the field more now, cos Gleeson is only going to the backline.

2 Likes

It could be Hooker or Francis or both depending on what works best. Especially when Smack is covering in the ruck. Gleeson can play as a decent 3rd tall with the right match up.

2 Likes

well i certainly haven’t been for years!

3 Likes

Are we just McKenna and Daniher away from our best side?

GLEES

Now you’ve done it.

10 Likes

good point.
I was leaning towards who out of redman and ridley may be moved into the midfield rotation, but hooker forward while gleeson is helping out down the backline works too, esp with mckay out, just leaves casboult and mcgovern as talls, unless one of their replacements is a kpf.

1 Like

Heppell?

3 Likes

Ambrose too

2 Likes

How many times has Hooker lined up forward since 2017 not including when he’s drifted down there for periods of the game?

I think Hooker forward is little chance of happening.

2 Likes

Post reported.

I doubt this would have happened though. Especially with Raz back.

Ham on the side.

Lines.

2 Likes

We do look quite tall in defence compared to their forwards.

Hooker (198), Hurley (192), Francis (192), Ridley (192), Gleeson (191), Redman (187) + Saad (178).
vs
Casboult (199), McGovern (191), Martin (185), Cuningham (183), Gibbons (174) + Betts (173).

3 Likes

He’ll just be the 7th defender will they’ll rotate through, no?

2 Likes

Gleesons taller than he looks.

Hope uncle adrians watching.

Would take a late 2nd or 3rd for Marty