2020 round 4 vs Fark Carlton - here’s the team

Redman could play a bit of wing in that squad, it’s versatile for sure, I’d be disappointed if we allow many marks inside our defensive 50.

Ambrose still an emergency. This should put an end to the theory he is not fit enough for selection.

I would have thought a place could have been found for him as a 7th defender or Cripps tagger

3 Likes

Why is everyone worried about a matchup for Betts? Blitz has had me believe he’s been cooked for the last two years???

3 Likes

Saad will take care of Betts

9 Likes

Hope it doesn’t rain… we owe them a fix up

What? Why? When Conor leaves he can take his spot permanently. None of this in and out stuff.

Mcgrath Will give him a bath again

Ambrose in for Hurley this is our best backline.

2 Likes

Photos

Our best backline has Hurley in it. Anybody with a brain knows that.

1 Like

I like Ambrose but I would be keeping Hurley.

1 Like

I suggested that last year in the early part of the season when everything was going to ■■■■ again. hurley, hooker and francis were all in relatively good form, but francis was on the outer.
I thought trialing ambrose in the midfield so all 4 could play in the one team.

He’s our best aerobic and probably best strength wise, I don’t know why they don’t try him as the brute mid to bash and crash and get the ball out to others.

1 Like

Hurley is cooked, Ambrose has him covered for actually defending an opponent and kicking, which was Hurley’s speciality, now he’s a liability getting towled up by nobody’s and plays 1 good game for every 4 poor ones.

1 Like

I hope you’re right. I think Carlton went for their marks all over the ground last week and it paid off.

Seems bizarre that we’d pick Gleeson over Ambrose.

1 Like

1 Like

I would prefer Ambrose over Gleeson also but I’m putting this down to the Rutten/Caracalla plan.

We have already seen quite a few changes not only to the team makeup but also to the way we tackled the preseason comp.

I think we will see quite a bit of experimentation in their season until they find the right mixture to carry there philosophy.

Very different players.

I think Gleek’s our best matchup for Silvagni, that tallish flanker size. He’d be a bit too slippery for Frang, IMHO.

Assuming they’ll have Hooker on Casboult; Hurley on McGovern; Gleek on Silvagni with Frang loose.

Ambo in (next to Hurley and Hooker) also robs us of a lot of rebound. Particularly with no Conor there, who normally gives us a lot of bounce.

4 Likes

How many goals will we win be Adem
giphy (7)

3 Likes

Serious?

If we ever get it together he will be significant. Reads play beautifully, evasive, tough and many other wonderful adjectives too numerous to mention.

2 Likes