2020 trade spec continued

C’mon now Smack was mediocre for us. Played when he wanted to and couldn’t string 4 good quarters together.
We don’t need another dead weight forward, nor a forward that gave away as many frees as Smack did.

3 Likes

Good rather keep him. I reckon he was showing signs where it was going to click but then injured his ankle

1 Like

Sorry Nino. I’m with Westozzie on Laverde. He will be lucky to stay, next year must be his last year to show it or move him on.

The frees I totally agree with. However, our delivery into the forwards is worse than Tom Cutler. No forward can put 4 quarters together. Walla rarely does. Goes missing too often. Stringer the same . We haven’t had a decent consistent FF and CHF since Lloyd and Lucas . Joe went missing too often and can’t hit the side of a barn accuracy wise.

Yeah I agree. Frustrating isn’t it :joy:. Therefore we need to trade players who don’t want to be here for players who want to play. That’s a good start. Try to get as many KPP. Allow Truck to coach & give him a chance to see improvement.
The rest is player attitude.

Laverde is the biggest clogger bar cutler we have.
Agree he shouldn’t be at the club next year. Had one good game in his career.

4 Likes

Only good thing with Wright is size. They will always need to match up on him for that alone . Personally I hope they stick with Crauford. I know scratch matches were Mickey Mouse but he looked good in his last game and could play forward . Truck will be a great thing for this club in the long run. And fat heads will be popped in the process.

6 Likes

Incredibly harsh, I’m definitely not alone in thinking Laverde was beginning to show somethiny before his injury, was a great contested mark and wasn’t as bad of a kick.

26 Likes

Agreed. Laverde was showing promise.

However, if trading Laverde somehow helped us get Dunkley, I’d be open to that.

20 Likes

I’d be all over it like a fat kid on a cup cake

4 Likes

Are we into Josh Dunkley?

That would be a nice pick up.

Ricky Dyson and a 3rd should get it done

2 Likes

I may have missed something. You’re using 16 for Caldwell, so where do we get the 1st rounder next year from? I know you said “or” but you use 16 for Caldwell and then later on say we have an extra first rounder next year.

This joke has been done to death. Give it a rest.

3 Likes

Ok champ

2 Likes

I hear Ricky Mott is coming out of retirement.

5 Likes

You would think we’d only be offering Laverde a 1 year contract, so if the dogs were prepared to offer him 2 years then you wouldn’t blame the guy for taking the offer.

2 Likes

I agree with that. No doubt he’s got the talent but he’s constantly injured, has been on the list for 6 seasons and hasn’t progressed a whole lot. A fresh start at a different club would probably be best for all.

2 Likes

if he’s free, why not? he looked to have some talent

Its sad that fantasia who has done nothing for what 2-3 years is touted as a 2nd round pick yet laverde whilst has been injured too has also shown glimpses of what he can do and has gotten better each year as a fwd and his value is less than fantasias. I still don’t want to be trading LAV. especially with our low forward stocks

12 Likes

You don’t think he owed the club the truth, about wanting out, Ants?

JoeDan did play a part in his injury himself, by not doing what he was supposed to be doing or telling the Medical staff exactly what was going on with his injury and deciding to play. Who paid for all treatment and his overseas trips to Doctors etc?

I am not in any way sticking up for or taking the clubs side. I am simply asking you a question.

2 Likes