2020 trade spec continued

yes you are allowed

1 Like

If I was a kid and thought I was good, I’m not sure I’d want a 5 year contract. Back myself in to be worth more in 3 years.

1 Like

Yep, got it

Happened so long ago that I’d forgotten he existed

Tbh I was focussing solely on guys wanting trades

I was told by my mate that every time you see an article with a $ figure attached it’s come from a player manager or their company. He reckons the public give too much credit to the media and most of them can’t tie their own shoelaces and are too thick to make up a figure. All are on speed dial or will get texts sent all day and it’s a very symbiotic relationship. The reporter gets clicks and the manager gets a few $ added to a contract

17 Likes

5 years at 400-500k would be 2-2.5mill and would take him to 25yo which would be his prime money earning years.

Hard for a 20yo to say no to that

8 Likes

Pidge is going to be a clearance machine in the next couple of years. Moving him to the wing would be a huge mistake.

8 Likes

I’m hearing we are right into de goey and brown… if we land those 2 are we actually any worse? Stringer and de goey in the same team gets me very excited.

2 Likes

I will be so p1ssed of if we get De blowy

5 Likes

I reckon if Merret goes it will be for a player, and I get the feeling despite what everyone is saying, that he might be elsewhere next year.

1 Like

List managers don’t get their information from the media.

They have vast arrays of contacts from all walks of life and anything they need to know, they can get it pretty easily.

This notion of pressure being put on clubs via the media is bunkem.

5 Likes

Mega

Pidge isn’t better than Kelly in the guts, and it makes more sense to move him there and play Parish in the middle as well for balance, imagine a midfield of Shiel, Kelly, Parish, Pidge, Caldwell, Langford, Heppel, and idk someone good also. Thats probs up there as one of the best mids. If we’re honest, if Kelly is fully fit and firing, is up there with Cripps and Bont. Pidge I highly doubt will be that good, will be elite but I don’t see him being top 2-3 mids in the game.

1 Like

Don’t think merret is going anywhere- Paul B categorically refuted it & said that he spoke to him on the weekend

2 Likes

I hope so

Kelly at the same age as Pidge was being offered supposedly 9 years by north and was all-australian, so lets not disrespect Kelly here, Pidge can’t lace his boots.

Yup.

Things can change.

We’re better - the other 2 don’t play.’
Our backline is a worry. 2 keys getting old

2 Likes

Herald Sun beaten to it by @Scorch

16 Likes

Who gives a ■■■■ about Josh Kelly.

We won’t get him.

We have McGrath.

Back to reality.

3 Likes

Yeah that had me for a minute too
I thought about coming to the “Blitz” madhouse expecting to see a bunch of posts about this mystery fourth player

Turns out it was McKenna

1 Like