2020 trade spec part 3

Lol at guy on trade radio asking for a straight Saad and Walsh swap.

Does anyone else think Essendon will just start pumping games into Jones and not worry about Wright, Brown or McDonald? Iā€™m finding it a concern all our focus is on Midfielders this year.

1 Like

Melbourne and GC wonā€™t be asking much for either as they are looking to get the contracts off their books so essentially a salary dump.

McDonald in particular is on an obscene amount, I hope we donā€™t go near him.

2 Likes

the only way is up

Good point. And yeah, itā€™s a no for McDonald. At least 2MP is only 24. Probably has his best footy ahead of him.

2 Likes

Ok who was it?

@Clone_Hirdy_Lid_Off?
@Finding_Nino?

@Xavier_Menzies!!??!!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve heard we are super keen on Tom McDonald as a defender, contract is a worry. He looked very likely to GWS before Hogan became a near certainty, wouldnā€™t be surprised if TMac is on our list next year ā€¦ btw wouldnā€™t be too bad a s a defender.

1 Like

Whatā€™s his frame like and does he play in the HBF?

1 Like

tenor (1)

3 Likes

I think 2MP is a no brainer punt given the makeup of our list. He pinch hits in the ruck when Draper needs a rest. He did kick close to 30 goals in his 2nd and 3rd years of footy, so thereā€™s a bit to work with. Maybe a return home will be the recipe to his success. I know he studied at Maribyrnong College and his family live in the area too.

4 Likes

If thatā€™s the case, Hurley or Hooker need to go.

You canā€™t have Hurley, Hooker, Ambrose & McDonald.

1 Like

Hooker fwd. Hurley to Dogs.

1 Like

What do you suspect it would cost us in trade?

All I want for Xmas (apart from a 5ā€™10" brunette) isā€¦

19 Likes

Thatā€™s so creepy - he looks like Archerā€™s less attractive sleazy uncle

9 Likes

Agree for sure, I really wouldnā€™t be surprised if Hurley is at the Bulldogs next year.

Just indicates the club isnā€™t chasing guys that will be 28 next season. Iā€™m not sure about the other players.

1 Like

Dunkley update from Edmunds

Josh Dunkley (Western Bulldogs)

ā€œThe Western Bulldogs have got two weeks to convince Josh Dunkley that his future lies at Whitten Oval,ā€ he said on SENā€™s Whateley .

ā€œDunkley wants to play for Essendon next year and the Bombers believe heā€™s told his teammates and other Dogs people that he wants to leave.

ā€œWhile Dunkley has not formally submitted a trade request yet, the Dogs are aware he wants out with two years to run on his contract.

ā€œItā€™s one for Essendon that has almost fallen into their lap and theyā€™re sitting back to see what happens with Dunkley.

ā€œThe Dogs will put the shutters up now and say thereā€™s nothing to see here.ā€

2 Likes

Does anybody know whether Phillips from the pies has a contract yet?

Would be a big upgrade on Cutler and Ham.

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t be upset with thatā€¦and I believeā€¦he barracked for us a kid.