2020 trade spec part 4

Gleeson and an exchange of late picks

5 Likes

Because they are morons, that why people are criticising there decision to keep him and trade treloar in. It makes no sense and they are wasting his talent in the ruck or at half forward.

35 touches 8 tackles 5 clearances
36 touches 8 tackles 10 clearances
35 touches 15 tackles 9 clearances
38 touches 5 tackles 8 clearances
31 touches 10 tackles 8 clearances

Probably his 5 best games for 2019.
Those are monster numbers, we dont have a single midfielder that is capable of doing that.
I cant see how anyone thinks he is over rated. Yes he probably wasn’t worth what they were asking, but he is absolutely a must get if he asks again to come to us this year.

6 Likes

He’s a beast

1 Like

Even if he wasn’t purely worth what Doggies wanted for him, like you say he’s EXACTLY what us fans have been crying out for saying we need in the midfield. Sometimes you have to overpay for a need.

He only just turned 24 too, imagine the numbers he could potentially put up at 27.

Imagine a starting midfield of Draper, McGrath, Dunkley and Merrett/Shiel, with support from Caldwell and Pariah. Suddenly it’s super balanced and competitive with the other inside midfields of the comp.

2 Likes
1 Like

Definitely leaves the door slightly ajar for an exit an the end of the year to get more midfield opportunity

Yeah except if we traded our firsts for Dunkley, we couldn’t have got caldwell

I’d suggest HAP may not be disputing the quality of those particular games.

Rather he might be suggesting a player may need to put more than half of 1 season together before they have rights to be considered a top 10 player in the comp.

That the season following this where he was not near that level, may be worthy of consideration too.

That the games when he is played in other roles, and he has also been not near that level, may be worthy of consideration.

That his own coach doesn’t rate him in his side’s top 3 midfielders, might be worthy of consideration, when discussing the competitions top 10 players.

That there are at least half a dozen brownlow medal winning midfielders currently in the comp that have put together entire seasons far beyond what Dunkley has produced to date, might be worthy of consideration.

That there are superstars in the comp who don’t play in the midfield might also be worth consideration.

Top 10 players in the comp is a tonne of mayo. He may well get there, and it would be great if it were for us one day, but he most definitely has some way to go.

2 Likes

For the Love of God can someone re open this thread …

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/t/dunkley-to-take-us-to-the-promised-land-at-a-later-date/20441/557

1 Like

I agree with you on that point. In my original post I (thought I) said “based on the back end of the 2019 season, he was a legit top 10 player in the comp”.

But apologies if that’s not what my original post said as that’s what I was intending to say.

On the midfield time, a factor here is also his injury. If he doesn’t get that injury, he likely stays in the midfield full time given how prolific he was (but that could not be the case)

No you don’t, keep arguing, we have 7 more posts to go

1 Like

He’s so gone, hopefully it is us that he still wants to get to. Bevo doesn’t want him, he doesn’t want to be there. Won’t be a dog in 2022

BEV

Bump

Welcome to EFC Josh Dunkley in 2021. Doesn’t seem like a player that wants to be there or a club that wants him there. Classic Bevo and Gordon player stitch up.

I’m the…

10,000th post.

1 Like

The End.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at 2020 trade spec part 4 (Part 3).