2020 trades speculation

It’s simple, he played the man not the ball. Even though going for the ball may have resulted in a worse outcome they are the rules. Adelaide player beat him to the ball so he should have just tackled him.

Then he wont leave. He’s not moving to Sydney on $350k a year. I think that’s why there’s speculation on a 1 year extension.

6 Likes

Joe might leave for a lesser contract. There is that…

1 Like

I know the club isn’t suppose to know (but when has the AFL followed their own rules?) if a first round pick is not on the cards… we surely must look at another free agent to replace him. A forward.

Yep its last roll of the dice territory.

One year on lowish money. If he comes back he might get a decent contract after a year, otherwise its retirement.

3 Likes

I think if he does leave he will. No club is opening up the cheque book to entice him to leave. Even Sydney if he goes, it will be done on their terms.

He might still thinks its best for him to leave and have a fresh start. But hes not dictating terms if he does.

I think the AFL’s policy is that when a RFA contract offer gets put to a player, they’ll give them an idea of what the compensation pick will be so they can decide whether or not to match. If he was to leave for sydney on a low contract, I’d expect we’d match and try to sort out a trade, given how we hardballed last year.

5 Likes

Keep this up and you might just become our list manager.

I don’t get the impression he’s driven by money in the slightest. I think if he wants to go that won’t matter.

1 Like

Personally I wouldn’t be trading this year, we need to draft some more kids. List demographics aside, what we need would be too expensive to trade for, and what we could get for cheap via trade we just don’t need. If we need barely passable players to fill a specific niche or play back up for injuries, the good news is we already have those on our list and don’t need to trade more in.

Edit: this of course does not mean I won’t speculate wildly on what the trades should be when people start hearing rumours about who we’re interested in.

9 Likes

Jeremy Cameron, Nat Fyfe and Jeremy Howe.

Then just wait for another moratorium.

2 Likes

Can we trade back Dev smith for Zac Williams?

Given McKenna is going to fark off back home

Traded to Hawthorn for a third round pick

2 Likes

$600k PA salary (offer from new club) averaged over life of contract is the trigger for a first round pick. That number will have to change if the salary cap does.

1 Like

Thoughts on Charlie constable? S Edmund says he might push for a move, 191cm young fella

Gold Coast will be the next club to struggle to keep their players,as the list has quite a few guns now.
Perhaps we might look in that direction?

3 Likes

When did that change? It used to be based on where the contract sat in relation to the guaranteed contracts of other 25+ year old players in the league, so it would naturally vary year to year.

That’s true. But it’s held firm on 600k since the 2017 agreement came into place. It should technically creep up each year but that will most likely change now.

1 Like

We need a key forward

Relying on joe to get fit is just delaying the inevitable and wasting another year

I’d be asking about Ben brown

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure the AFL watered down the compensation formula last year…

That’s why Richmond were shocked by the compensation for Ellis. They looked at his new salary at GC, and what that salary had generated as compensation in prior years, and there was a disconnect…

And some of the media heads, the ones who argue that there should be no compensation for free agents, cheered on the shifting of the goal posts.

2 Likes