2020 trades speculation

Welcome to Essendon, Mason Wood.

2 Likes

we need handy forwards. just need one of Jones or Gown come on next year and we only need to find one player. even taking Fantasia and Daniher out of the equation

Hf: Mosquito Jones Stringer
F; Cahill FF Tippa

lots of options for last spot.
Mckernan, stewart, draper, bellchambers, Bryan, Daniher, Fantasia, Townsend, Laverde

1 Like

If Joe leaves, how would people feel about a forward line of:

Stringer, Wright, Jones, Smith, Fantasia & Walla

Note: If Raz also leaves, replace him with Mozzie.

Not sure Wright is worth bothering with personally.

2 Likes

What about henry crauford or nick bryan? i know they are ruckmen but drapers also been playing in the forward line in the scratch matches iv heard

I guess we have options but they are all young and inexperienced.

If only joe commits to essendon, gets his body right and starts absolutely flogging it then we would be all gravy

You know we are getting Mason Cox and we will like it, OK.

1 Like

Might take Wright for a late 3rd early 4th. Better than our current tall. Surely they wouldn’t want more than that for him? If it’s low salary and cheap at the trade table then worth a try. Not exciting though.

Crauford and Bryan are options too, but im not putting them in next years plans, due to them needing to put on more size and us already playing a inexperienced kid (jones).

Crauford will do well to avoid the list squeeze if spots are cut. Assume these guys are longer term options. Bryan was one of the youngest drafted last year.

1 Like

fk NO! anyone BUT maxon fkn cox!!

I know youre joking but hes one of the worst players in the afl by far

2 Likes

We should be desperate to fill joes role as we havnt been proper damaging in awhile, this could be a really interesting trade period coming up.

Also the off season will feel shorter as the season ends later which is a good thing XD

The most important guy to our trading in 2020 is our medical staff. We need them to make realistic assessments of JD, Heppell, Fantasia, Laverde, Belly. Because if we aren’t going to be able to keep them on the park, we should seriously think about trading/retiring them.

4 Likes

Hepp shouldn’t be on that list. He had just recoved from his foot problems and got an unrelated injury. He’s only 28 and still very good.

The others i agree with. Belly has said he probably wont play on after his contract finishes this year.

I definitely think its bellchambers last year anyway.

We have draper, bryan, crauford and phillips as ruckmen or future ruckmen.

Agreed keep hepp for a couple more years but I’d be looking to retire mckernan, laverde and trade fantasia.

1 Like

How can anyone seriously propose letting McKernan go when Stewart and JD are yet to show they can even get onto the field?

7 Likes

Id play gown or harrisom Jones over mckernan tbh if available. Mckernan is 29 and won’t come into AA form at the back end of his career, he’s slow and very awkward.

Yes he is all those things, but he has been able to play football games in the last 2 years which is an underrated trait

10 Likes

We have holes all over the team sheet and we desperately need to hold on to our 1st round pick this year (likely to be in the top 8 of the draft)

We won’t get a first round pick for any player we will offload (or afford to offload) so I can’t see the list improving much in October/November this year.

Short on KPP at both ends of the ground, decent ruckman and outside mid with foot skills.

Long way back

And top 8 will be about 14 after F/S and academy picks. Not a great year for having a high draft pick

That’s true. I can’t imagine how hard it will be to pick a good player when no TAC footy this year

1 Like