2020 trades speculation

2 METER PETER

3 Likes

It doesnā€™t affect us at all - You canā€™t choose these players anyway - Your argument is a red herring.

I think what he is saying is that our ā€œpick 8ā€ will actually be the 14th best player available (disregarding poor development further down the track or any other variable)

4 Likes

No thanks. We have enough slow midfielders with poor disposal. Constable is trash

2 Likes

I think we should go after Ben Brown just to ā– ā– ā– ā–  off North supporters.

1 Like

The reason I like the Hugh Greenwood mould of inside mid is that whilst he may be a bit rough around the edges with his ball use, he is far from a plodder which a guy like Constable appears to be. He plays with an intensity and is dynamic at stoppages rather than flat footed. But he is a big frame and he is influential at stoppages. Someone like him please?!

1 Like

Greenwood is the kind of midfielder I think Laverde could become, if, heā€™s allowed to string a few games together before breaking again. Laverde is also 4 years younger, which might surprise some.

2 Likes

Not a bad call actually!!

Heā€™s kicked 17 goals in his last 19 games, since he came back in round ten last year. Of those 19 heā€™s had probably three good games Gold Coast and Collingwood last year plus Sydney this year. He kicked 9 of his 17 in those three games. Sydney and Gold Coast were bad teams and the Collingwood game Roughead didnā€™t play and Scharenberg got injured in the first quarter.

Heā€™s only averaging one contested mark a game this season too, heā€™s more likely to give away a holding free against a defender than take a contested mark.

Heā€™s very close to being done, maybe a second forward helps him out. But thatā€™s only a maybe.

Heā€™s been a cult figure and Iā€™ve loved watched him play. But heā€™s not playing anywhere near good enough as an AFL KPF anymore.

7 Likes

EFA

2 Likes

They get a good pick and accelerate their rebuild. They want to do it.

Out form and 28 at this year. You wouldnā€™t want to give up too much.

Fox Footy show actually went through the stats. Ben Brown has pretty much the same stats as Jack Riewoldt and Tom Lynch.

Riewoldt is starting to get some criticism, but for the most part, Brown has copped more.

1 Like

Yeah Riewoldt is a good comparison. Heā€™s looking a little cooked. Brown playing the worst footy of his career at 27 though. Bad when youā€™re out of contract.

2 Likes

It looks completely mental with Brown though. He doesnā€™t look like heā€™s carrying injuries or getting old (like Reiwoldt) so thereā€™s good reason to think a change of scenery may be all he needs. If they are in fact actively looking to move him on he may have already checked out.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think heā€™s having a great year this year, but damn it would be tough playing as the only tall forward. J. Riewoldt can do it, Iā€™m not too sure if many others could.

1 Like

Jarrod Brander from WCE, Geelong boy who will find it hard to push past a three-pronged attack of Darling, Allen and Kennedy in the next few years. Then you have Waterman to come once Kennedy retires. Heā€™s a running beast, thus the attempt to push him to a wing to fit him in amongst the rest.

Offer him a key post and bring him back east, a formee pick 13; he isnt going to get the chances he will at Dons with Mcknernernernernan on the way out and Daniher a ?

8 Likes

Jack is dragging his bottom lip right now too. Heā€™s 14 years into his career now and will start to slow down anyway but I think Brown is more a victim of the way NM are playing and with quite a few of their better players around 30, theyā€™ll be on the slippery dip.

Word has it Scott suggested this last year and sought some contract security to undertake the rebuild.

3 Likes

Not the worst idea.

1 Like

Please tell me you are kidding!