2021 Best 22 . Round 10, Nice and settled

It’s madness, isn’t it?

It’s alright, the fabled Big Bodied Mid™ will take us to the promise land. No need to score goals or defend them.

1 Like

I actually reckon - if it did pan out - Hurley going to Dogs as part of a Dunkley deal would make them a hell of a lot stronger, and us weaker.

1 Like

both are faster than townsend and snelling and both are better with the ball than Clarke. besides i have picked snelling in this team.

I don’t buy Redman being a crab. his kicking was a feature of his game early on. he’ll get that back.

fanta and moz aren’t likely to be an option this year. cahil may be an option, we’ll see. it’s time to move past zaka. Perhps Caldwell and/or parish get a mid/fwd role. Perhaps clarke nails down that role too.

I’d like too see Redman and Guelfi given the opporuntiy though. i think it could pay dividends.

we really are arguing around the margins of the best 22 though.

No problem with Redman, really. (Altho it depends which Redman we’re getting, the 2020 one or the 2019 one.)

Bottom line is the fwd line you’ve posted looks horribly impotent.
Can we afford to leave out anyone who kicks goals?

who am i leaving out who kicks goals? Zaka? yeah well time to move on for mine. Townsend? other that one half did he really trouble the scorers that much? Lav, yep, maybe if he’s fit. regardless i think we’ll be looking for the goal to come from stringer, 2 key talls whoever they are and tippa. The other 3 sports would i expect be foccused on generating pressure.

No one who can play on the best small forwards.

No fast ball movement from defensive 50.

No 30+ goal per year forwards.

A complete lack of pace in the forwardline.

A shortage in players who can play on the gorilla key forwards (Ambrose is getting on and perennially injured).

But yes, let’s bring in mids, mids, mids.

1 Like

Apologies if this has been posted previously. Here is BJ’s attempt.

Goddards best case scenario Bombers 22

FB: Redman Ambrose Francis

HB: Ridley Hooker Heppell

Fol: Draper Dunkley Shiel

C: Zaharakis, McGrath, Merrett

HF: Langford, Hurley, Smith

FF: Stringer, Wright, McDonald-Tipungwuti

Int: Caldwell, Parish, Gleeson, Laverde

Pretty sure it’s the first time it’s been posted.

Doesn’t rate Stewart, or perhaps knows something we don’t and Stewart won’t be here next year!

Has anyone got a copy of Goddards Best 22? Keen to have a look.

1 Like

Look in the trade thread. It’s been posted in there 100 times

1. Darren Bewick
1 Like

Cheers mate. Will do.

Personally I’m not picking any best 22’s until @nackers starts giving us training reports and we learn which players have had a blinder of an off-season

2 Likes

Nackers really is a November to March operator isn’t he?! I haven’t seen him around here for a while.

I’ve still been here reading most things and keeping up to date but I don’t tend to post unless I have a unique perspective or information that hasn’t already been posted.

I would have posted a few times in the trade thread if I wasn’t constantly about 1000 post behind!

3 Likes

Haha yeah that’s understandable mate. There’s a lot going on and it’s hard to keep up!!

redman zerk ambrose
ridley hurley LAV

langford stringer francis
tippa stewart zaka

Draper
mcgrath shiel merrett heppell parish caldwell smith ham hind

This team is thin. I don’t really rate wright as a forward. Needs to become a good 2nd ruck option to get a game.
Where we finish will depend on improvement and injury and what 678 bring.

This game was more about the game style and intent. if we played liked that every game we would have won another 3 or 4 games this season.

FB: Hind Hooker Hurley

HB: Redman Ridley Francis

Fol: Draper Heppell Shiel

C: Langford, McGrath, Merrett

HF: Zaharakis, Stewart, Smith

FF: Stringer, 2Metre-Peter, McDonald-Tipungwuti

Int: Parish, Caldwell, Laverde, Perkins,

Emg: Rioli, Brand, Jones, Ambrose, Zerk-Thatcher, Guelfi, Snelling

1 Like