2021 Brownlow Medal

Same

The good news is it is only scheduled to last three hours. The bad news is likely everything else.

I was leaning that way for Fark Carlton, but with no confidence, doesn’t help they are one side I have no interest in watching at any time.

Some of mine exclude red hot favorites.

Thinking of going Keays/Parker for Adel/Syd.

For Norf, I thought Zeibell before looking, but he is miles off in the betting. So maybe I am missing something.

Petracca will take too many votes off him. He has the sort of explosive impact games that chumpires like.
May & Lever should pinch a few as well.

Carlton’s is excluding Walsh, which is what makes it a very tricky one.

NicNat good money for WC.

Yer I didn’t watch port each week much this year. But Wines has racked up 7 of his top 10 career games this year according to AFL tables

Darcy Parish 10/10…

Will it boring AF as usual?

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

I didn’t put any money on Darcy Parish. Just thought I’d share.

2 Likes

By my reckoning Merrett could poll in 14 games, coming home with a rush… rounds 1, 3, 6, 8, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23

Technically I didn’t either. Used a bonus bet.

1 Like

I don’t bother watching any award shows, not the Brownlow, not the Oscars, etc. They are boring as. For the Brownlow l usually wander out to watch the last round, to see the winner. That is enough for me.

Merrett to poll under 22.5 votes you get $2.

Darcy and Package will take votes off him.

Agree. If there is anything that doesn’t affect my life, it’s an awards winner! If an Essendon player wins it, then great but otherwise…maybe just an academic interest.

1 Like

Cant be bothered checking, but i think it’s a myth that good players from the same club take votes from each other.
If a player is good enough they’ll earn enough votes to win regardless. BOG is BOG no matter what the other players do.

2 Likes

And remember #gambleresponsibly

I’ll admit I haven’t seen as many non Essendon games as usual this year, but the games I did watch where Wines was said to dominate he was barely noticed! It can be easy to misjudge players on TV vs in the action, so hopefully the umps saw it as him playing well and he wins.
I want to see them try and put the medal on his giant head

It’s generally not BOG that polls the 3, it’s best midfielder on ground

And there’s a hell of a lot of games where Bont had, say, 28 and an important goal, but a MacRae had 35 including 6 clearances, and Libba had 25 and 10 clearances.

Who’s the best? Probably Bont.
Who’s taking the 3? Open question.

1 Like

1.bont
2.Oliver
3. Wines
4.parish
5. Zac

Chances of me watching= zero

1 Like

Interesting look back at Brownlow results.

It’s by a betting company, if I need to put that disclaimer in…