2021 Brownlow Medal

“THIS SUNDAY, Football’s night of nights will crown a new champion who will forever be etched into the history books”…

Unless his name’s JOBE WATSON…

2 Likes

It does mention that pretty kindly.

Edit: Also, they seem to have some pretty decent writers, which is…odd?

'tis the midfielders medal, after all.

The best midfielder on the ground often is BOG. Other positions just dont impact as much and as consistently as midfielders.

1 Like

Unless a foward kicks a massive bag you won’t see it go outside the midfield

1 Like

Wines or Steele will win, imo.
Less competition. Probably Wines.
Bont is easily the most valuable player in the comp.

Often a forward kicks a bag when he has a dominant midfielder getting the ball to him so even then they are up against it.

Teams with two or three dominate mids can swap 2’s or 3’s every other game if they wish, but the better player will still win it IMO which I cant be bothered verifying.

A true blitzer.

7 Likes

I was surprised by the predictor thingo on the AFL site. It has Wines polling only 19, and Boak 24.

This is why Fark Carlton has done so well in recent decades.

(OK, Judd downgraded massively when he went from WCE to them.)

can you verify that

2 Likes

Can but won’t.

3 Likes

Not even a Lloyd Christmas chance ?
:smirk:

1 Like

In some places it was very poorly written, some errors are in there.

I am far less critical of grammatical errors that don’t reduce readability.
The point of these written rules and style preferences is to make the transfer of information clear, easy to read and, hopefully, engaging.
There was a bit of a brouhaha about the Hird article in another thread, but the point is not whether someone has made an according to Hoyle (or Strunk) error. It’s whether or not it’s easy to read.
A lot of journalists haven’t spent their first three years sitting across the desk from an old owl with lollies in his second drawer going over gradually less and less red pen corrections, and it shows.

2 Likes

Imagine how bad they would have been without Judd carrying them every week

Who will win the 2021 Brownlow Medal?

• Marcus Bontempelli

0 voters

2 Likes

That’s worse than my Prince poll.

No it’s not surprisingly!

1 Like