2021 Draft Watch

Likely to do similar pick trades to Collingwood. Trade out of 2022 first round, build up picks in 2021 and points in 2022. Take the Davey twins with points in 2022.

1 Like

Just opened my Uber Eats to this.

1 Like

Don’t know about the playing ability but the list of odd, weird, and meme worthy names is definitely a step up from this year.
Promising

2 Likes

The highlights showed pretty much every touch he had that game, I was at the game. He didn’t get much of it but he did some real good things.
When I first clicked on it I was hoping it was going to be his season highlights and some of his U18’s footage

1 Like

@Aceman Horne’s the best I’ve seen live for his age. Admittedly I’ve only really been following junior prospects for 5-6 years so it’s a smaller sample. He rank up there for you?

1 Like

In the modern era he is one of the best players I’ve seen at his age in SA and I’d say he is the best pure talent since Bryce Gibbs came through

5 Likes

Need to get the right picks to combine with our latest draftees.

Horne and Cox would be an upstanding combination.

Long and Cox could be impressive.

Cox and Johnson are probably to similar.

Combining Cox, Goater and Sinn would probably irreparably hurt our Brand.

11 Likes

So who do we take between January & March?

Keep an eye out for a Willy.
Broaden the supporter base from just big Cox.

1 Like

wonder if Fletcher plays like others as a 19 year old next year.

Key defenders will not be a need for a while now, so even if he knocks it out of the park, would be unlikely to pick up.

Thanks for that, and all your work in the other threads this year!

I assume at the moment that the list is only kids who are eligible from 2021. As we progress through the year, will you add any kids who were eligible this year and overlooked who start blooming, or put them in a separate list?

2 Likes

Seperate list that I’ll have out in a few days

3 Likes

Question for @THE_DON1 but interested in everyone’s view.

Might be spoiling your list but if you were to choose an SSP for us right now, who would you go?

One of the 18yos who got overlooked?
Z Maher
S Collins
J Callow

Or would you go someone who could help us in 2021 like Pittard or Stoddart?

Or is it still worth letting the start of the year play out and see how the mid season draft goes with two spots?

Not saying this coz Benfti, but Wanganeen, Moore and Tipiloura are the realistic ones from that list.

I’d say it’s actually in this order

Moore
Tipiloura
Wanganeen (largely because I think he’ll nominate port)

I like what I’ve seen of Moore so far.

Natrat has a few for us over the next 10 years .

13 Likes

Good work by Froggy and Natrat. Doing their part for the club.

4 Likes

Moore is a really interesting prospect, really good basketball player also and I know basketball vic tried really hard to get him to commit to Basketball full time.

He’s made the Bendigo Pioneers squad for next year and they tell me he will play a lot.

5 Likes

I’ve coached both Ned Long and Josh Ward.

Josh has been a star since u12 VIC.
Ned has improved out of sight year on year.
He ran a 6.02 2K time trial a couple of weeks ago. He is a beast. Runs like the bad terminator in Terminator 2.

I’d love either of them next year with our second pick.

9 Likes

Man we are going to need a lot of points

2 Likes

Yep Nyawi Moore is the pick of them at this stage, great athlete and can football aswell. Plays wing and as a small forward. Low possession but good impact at this stage.

3 Likes