2021 Draft Watch

That makes me feel old.

I watched Josh Misiti grow up through primary school.

Well obviously, as we can’t trade draft picks for 2 years down the track…I was more going off a few saying they potentially rated one of the Davey boys a pick in the first round.

Are you saying he plays like Pendlebury?

Would you lose sleep over any of them leaving?

Zerrett and Parish the big ones, but if things don’t change next year in terms of results I wouldn’t be against getting a few top 10 picks and going with some very strong young midfielders to come through with these taller kids we’ve picked up. Clearly the dynamic hasn’t worked.

I mean we can blame our forwardline and yes it wasn’t great, but having McGrath, Parish, Shiel & Zerrett all gathering close to 30 disposals and all having zero impact was concerning. I’m hoping Perkins adds some flair in there in coming years, sometimes all it takes is a few exciting kids to rejuvenate the rest of the club.

2 Likes

I would also be trading our 2022 first round pick to try and get another first rounder for next year also. We will be able to use late picks to match on the Davey twins.

What sort of players are the Davey twins and what position do they play?

CHF

4 Likes

Do they even exist? They’ve been pumped up since they were 10.

Nah, when they were toddlers.

VFL attendees were watching them kick bananas from the boundary line at the age of 3-4 years old.

1 Like

Have they started transitioning to a full size footy? I know their dad started at about 19.

I reckon he’ll end up a hair shorter than his old man, mums not tall, but he will get over 6 foot, 186-187.

He’s tough like his old man though.

3 Likes

They will be responsible for our centreline in about 4 yards

Davey Moore Davey.

A woah, is it gonna be fast.

5 Likes

Does he cash the carr twins kids?

Alwyn Jr is a midfielder, right footed and all class. Can play forward as well but his best work is done further up the ground. Tbh he’s a bit more like his uncle than his Dad in that regard. I think he’s got better disposal. He’s what I would cal a play maker. He makes great decisions with the ball that sets stuff up for his team.

Jayden is more like his old man, left footer, creative small forward who can push up the ground but his best work is done closer to goal. He will be the guy who eventually replaces Walla in the senior team when he retires. Pressure forward who’s capable of the extraordinary, and can be damaging around stoppages when he moves further up the ground.

AJ is probably further along than Jay had some injuries this year but they are both quality kids. We are very lucky.

22 Likes

Just as a guide, are they better prospects than Mozzie?

Exciting thought having these three up and firing in the team in the not too distant future

Hard to say at this point, because largely we don’t know how good Moz will end up being. He’s incredibly skilled.

These lads still have to develop.

2 Likes

Oh I didn’t write what I meant to say.

I meant to ask if the Davey twins would be considered better prospects than Mozzie was when he was their age? I.e. who would go higher in a draft

@benfti

Do we save #13 for Alwyn Jr. & #29 for Jayden when Ambrose retires?

These are the important questions.

And the answer is a definite no!

2022 1st = Josh Dunkley, would be my first preference, failing that bringing it forward 1 year would be a decent idea

5 Likes