2021 Essendon VFL discussion thread - 22(!) teams, 3 states, 16 rounds

Is that near Doreen?
Or Pakenham?

I believe it starts at 11am

1 Like

Is our VFL squad finalized?

2 Likes

Am I to take from that, that most/all? VFL Games will be VFLW/VFLM double headers?

Please say itā€™s so ā€¦

If you count VFLM on Saturday and VFLW on Sunday as a double-header, sure.

Bah!

1 Like

Yeah the seasons also no longer run concurrently so the amount of crossover is likely to be pretty limited unfortunately, the VFLW will already be at about round 7-8 by the time our season starts. Hopefully a few tie ins with us and the AFL program though, weā€™ll see when the final draw is released.

3 Likes

Now, if only the Hangar was easier to get to via public transport. Wish this (for personal reasons!) was being held at Windy Hill!

Still, will see what whether I can make it or not.

1 Like

The cricket pitch in the middle of Windy Hill unfortunately would be a touch firm under footā€¦

2 Likes

11am is handy. I should be able to squeeze this in before TYB has basketball in the afternoon.

1 Like

What I really want is us to play a praccy match vs. North at Arden Street. Or at Whitten Oval. Both are really easy to get to from where I live (Docklands).

I mean I live in Mount Martha so Iā€™m looking for us to play in Mornington, but sadly (or smartly) no one listens to meā€¦

5 Likes

Well, if they wonā€™t listen to you, Iā€™ve got no chance! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

yeah, much chance of a game at the Davo in Warrnambool whilst we are putting in requests?

Next week I think.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be thereā€¦

1 Like

2 Likes

So two away games to start. At least one is in Victoria.

Not sure why you wouldnā€™t move the Collingwood match to the Sunday and earlier in the day (say 11:00 am) so can do a double header.

1 Like