2021 Essendon VFL discussion thread - 22(!) teams, 3 states, 16 rounds

You can also apply for an exemption on certain grounds. I suspect that the boys who only played a quarter last week could probably get permission if we wanted them to.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve seen exemptions mentioned but can’t find details- the one I remember is for players who’ve been injured. Hence the Redman & Stringer possibilities.

Would be great if it was streamed.

8 Likes

If you go to efc.com you can watch the ceo speech

1 Like

Are we winning?

63 posts were split to a new topic: VFL practice match - Essendon vs Richmond - Friday 12 March 2021

A post was merged into an existing topic: VFL practice match - Essendon vs Richmond - Friday 12 March 2021

Go to the dedicated match day thread for more.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: VFL practice match - Essendon vs Richmond - Friday 12 March 2021

Huh?

From Round 9, 2012. This one was written for the Essendon website, so is perhaps a little more traditional in format than some others I wrote, lol. I never really wrote with possession tallies, but by 2012 some had become a little eccentric. I’ve held off for a bit, trying to find some photo’s that would have accompanied these writings but I think they’re on a hard drive that is so far refusing to open correctly. I’m also not exactly loving some of the writing structure looking back on it, lol. THe 2012 season was the final one of the Essendon/Bendigo alliance. It ended in an Elimination final that somehow, fittingly, was farcical enough to summarise the entire awkwardness of Essendon’s Reserves program through those years. But anyway, for better or worse, enjoy. And remember, you asked for it, lol.

Warning: Early Kavanagh over-hype-in-hindsight presence within.

5 Likes

The query I have is whether a VFL/AFL double-header would count as a VFL game for this purpose.

1 Like

I totally forgot about most of those players!

1 Like

I don’t remember Dean Putt.

1 Like

Here’s the previous year, Round 19, 2011. Quite different in layout, almost play by play descriptive.

2 Likes

A period drenched in mediocrity.

1 Like

There’ll be some here well aware that this period of mediocrity was vastly better than it’s predecessor, lol.

1 Like

Anybody know what time the Saturday practice game vs Box Hill is on?

1 Like

Hope Springs Eternal :slight_smile: