2021 Essendon VFL discussion thread - 22(!) teams, 3 states, 16 rounds

Yes, as reported on The Age website at 9.40am today.

Yeah, this sucks.

4 Likes

Me when the Nab League season gets postponed aswell

4 Likes

Cry me a river - I watched a huge amount of TAC Cup in 2013 and then ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  vlad decided to steal our draft picks in August or something so it was basically all a big waste of timeā€¦ :sob:

3 Likes

Oi Iā€™m not that young that I donā€™t remember those times haha I remember having my heart set on Cripps if we ended up keeping our pick

1 Like

Ok so this is all we have to do. Lose every game by slot before the season gets shutā€¦it could be after round one. Then if they start again next next yearā€¦guess who gets the number one pick?

VFLW comp also suspended.
Perhaps mixed W and M teams could play intra- club practice matches.

Canā€™t see that happening. The best womenā€™s players wouldnā€™t be able to match it with u16ā€™s boys let alone the men just yet. Maybe in a few years time

Will make for an interesting draft this year if limited games are played. Draft eligible kids are feeling very anxious.

Everything cancelled till 31 May.

1 Like

Is there any chance of the VFL season going ahead at all?
Hearing rumours over here the Hawks have informed Box Hill that no Hawthorn players will play for them this year and a couple of other clubs are following suit

Thatā€™s a pretty stupid call to make imo. Why would they make such a statement when they have no idea of the state of the world in 2 months time.

So far, afaik, only Hawthorn and FC FC have terminated their VFL associations.
I just prey, as a standalone club, our VFL side will continue.???

Can someone explain the ā€œcut tiesā€ going on. Is it a tax lurk or something? Makes zero sense to me.

This canā€™t be true. arenā€™t they the family club?

1 Like

Paging @Paul_Cousins

Yeah, I obviously canā€™t answer that, only those in charge of the clubs doing it can.

Looking like the whole season is about to be canned now

Different sorts of families in Box Hill

Booo! Iā€™d rather they played a VFL comp without the need for interstate travel instead of the AFL.

3 Likes