2021 FF Original Discussion Thread

Somewhat annoying that the week Sier FINALLY produces a decent score, (and from bugger all game time) , everyone else so far has been decidedly poor to middling. Powell has started ok , but Green struggled and my Melbourne lads have tapered off a bit.

Gee whiz, what’s happened to Brad Hill this year? They’ve moved him to half-back in the last month and is sitting on 4 points deep in the second after failing to crack 50 last week.

Melbourne killed me this week. Langdon gave me 49. Exactly half his average.

Happy to let Cox have a quite game if it means more wins like that one!

Up against no ruck!

Meh. I lost 2mp and now have to use Sweets 32.

1 Like

Cunningham has scored over 80 in the last half to make my match with Smoten much tighter than it looked an hour ago

Chasing @Windy_Dill down but not sure there’s time

@Crazy_Bomber
Why does trade period end this Friday?
For some reason, I thought it would end after the last game of the round.

@Dunlop set the end date for trade period so he’d be better to ask then me, but I’m assuming so any trades can be finalized by the first bounce of the round.

close-ish but plenty went wrong for us. Burton injured, 2mp a late out, having Sweet as an emergency above Coleman, Sholl’s loss of form, Hunt stinking it up. We could’ve gone damn close, if not won.

Congrats, @Awesome_Scotty .

1 Like

Losing scoring the 2nd highest score of the round is ■■■■

1 Like

Would’ve been a fun and nerve wracking game between my mob and myrmidons !

But 0-11 stings. Almost certain to be 0-12 with the Tigers next.

I have some pretty decent scores banked for next round.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I’d forgotten the joy of bye weeks for poor teams!

Cracking game between us. You’re very unlucky to lose scoring 1500.

1 Like

@Dunlop what is the best way to drop two players following my trade, do I drop them now so they can be available for @Blummers32 FAs?

@Dunlop can confirm.
But for memory, if you drop them now, they won’t be available this Wednesday. So you aren’t obligated to drop players now.
But if you are going to take part in FAs on Wednesday, then you’ll need to include them in the PM. I’ll process the players to drop should your first selection be successful. If not, you’ll have until later on to drop players due to having excess players.

@Dunlop , can I swap Shuey for Sharp on my LTI list, please?

I can understand the confusion as last year everything was screwy and foggy & Craze preferred to end the mid-year one on the Sunday, so whilst ending on Friday has always been my preference it has been a few years since its happened.

foggy & Craze are very good at trading so presumably the extra days gave them more time to make trades, whereas I was looking at things from purely an admin standpoint - trades are all completed heading into the round, and I’ve traditionally been around Fridays evenings bar the odd Essendon game, but I haven’t always been around on Sundays, so it was a practical decision of setting the deadline to when I could best be around to deal with any issues that cropped up, as well as the usual stuff of processing last minute trades, locking threads etc.

1 Like