2021 FF Original Discussion Thread

@wimmera1 - Confirmed
@Stoops: Don’t drop them on UF until after Blummers FAs. They’re not available on waivers until next week and dropping them on UF before then just confuses people as they don’t look at the waiver date, because they’re accustomed to assuming every waiver is available that week.

Maybe things have changed, but I used to receive a couple of FA PMs on Sunday night or Monday for that week, so I’m reluctant to assume that 24-48hrs is enough notice for everyone that a player is available.

2 Likes

Bye Round Scores

General Rules:

• Players receive a bye score calculated from their previous 4 games
  • Players must play out their previous game and subsequently not be listed as injured (late game blood rules excluded)
  • If players have not played 4 games this season then games from their 2 prior seasons can be used to make up the difference (games from last season will be adjusted for the current game length so teams aren’t disadvantaged). If players still have not played 4 games they will receive an average from whatever games they have played.
  • Debutantes who have not yet played 4 games in their career will receive their season average
  • Subs who take the field are eligible for a bye score regardless of game time, subs who don’t take the field are considered not to have played so won’t receive a bye score.

Geelong

Unavailable: -

Atkins - 68
Bews - 59
Cameron - 74
Close - 62
Dahlhaus - 50
Z.Guthrie - 54
Hawkins - 91
Henderson - 80
Henry - 64
Higgins - 100
Holmes - 57
Kolojashnij - 45
Menegola - 86
Narkle - 76
Parfitt - 85
Ratugolea - 51
Rohan - 72
Selwood - 94
Smith - 87
Stanley - 78
Stewart - 95
Tuohy - 94

Gold Coast

Injured: Noah Anderson

Atkins - 45*
Ballard - 52
Burgess - 48
Collins - 54
Corbett - 25
Ellis - 84
Farrar - 43
Flanders - 66
Greenwood - 88
Holman - 56
King - 67
Lemmens - 44
Lukosius - 97
Markov - 80
Miller - 127
Powell - 73
Rankine - 59
Rosas - 33
Sexton - 68
Smith - 61**
Swallow - 98
Weller - 70

• Atkins has a 40 from last season which gets adjusted up to 50.
  • Smith has a 69 & 73 from 2019

GWS

Ash - 82
Buckley - 56
Buntine - 43
■■■■■■■ - 83
Finlayson - 55
Flynn - 78
Green - 88
Haynes - 54
Hill - 57
Himmelberg - 55
Hopper - 103
Idun - 60
Kelly - 110
Lloyd - 76
Mumford - 54
O’Halloran - 52
Reid - 26
Riccardi - 46
Sproule - 44
Taranto - 122
Ward - 102
Whitfield - 103

Hawthorn

Breust - 65
Burgoyne - 47
Cousins - 84
Frost - 59
Greaves - 65*
Hardwick - 87
Howe - 67
Impey - 82
Jiath - 69
Koschitzke - 45
Lewis - 47
McEvoy - 81
Mitchell - 104
Moore - 75
Morris - 33**
O’Brien - 53
Phillips - 73
Reeves - 74
Scrimshaw - 91
Shiels - 105
Wingard - 83
Worpel - 86

• Greaves has scores of 69 & 75 that are adjusted up to 86 & 94 respectively
    ** Morris has scores of 15, 21 & 45 that are adjusted up to 19, 26 & 56

North Melbourne

Atley - 70
Campbell - 66
Cunnington - 92
LDU - 81
Dumont - 67*
Garner - 76**
Goldstein - 83
Hall - 121
Larkey - 44
Mahony - 48
McKay - 52
Menadue - 57
Powell - 52
Scott - 47
Simpkin - 90
Taylor - 56
Thomas - 81
Turner - 41
J.Walker - 63
Young - 53
Ziebell - 96
Zurhaar - 60

• Dumont has a 75 that adjusts up to 94
  • Garner has a 49 that adjusts up to 61

Port Adelaide

Unavailable: Ryan Burton & Orazio Fantasia

Aliir - 63
Amon - 90
Bergman - 52
Boak - 95
Bonner - 63
Byrne-Jones - 87
Dixon - 77
Drew - 67
Farrell - 65
Georgiades - 59
Gray - 82
Houston - 68
Jonas - 65
Jones - 56
Ladhams - 80
Marshall - 62
McKenzie - 62*
Motlop - 61
SPP - 86
Rozee - 69
Wines - 107

• McKenzie has 2020 scores of 40 & 36 that are adjusted up to 50 & 45
1 Like

Quick note to all.
There is an AFL mid season draft today.
Those players will not be available in tonight’s FA.
The decision was made as I think it is being held at around 7pm AEST which means our overseas coaches wouldn’t have the opportunity to know who was selected nor by which team.

5 Likes

FAs have been processed.

Hopefully nabbing Alec Waterman doesn’t end up like every other Essendon player I’ve picked up before (Jason Johnson - retired that year, Henry Slattery - was never going to amount to anything, Courtenay Dempsey - did his knee, Marty Gleeson - coming off his knee injury).
I’ve steered clear of Essendon players because I’ve had some bad luck with them.

I have updated the rules post to include the examples I posted about conditional FAs.
I also included a blurb about errors (i.e. taking players that are already on someone else’s list).
It hasn’t happened too often, but it’s worth noting that the error pick is processed as a forfeited pick. Sometimes this is picked up after processing. For that reason, if there is still a player on your ‘In list’ that hasn’t been taken by anyone else, then you are assigned that player as a replacement. An example is in the post below.

1 Like

Lol at the GWS player being censored

Oh yeah, it was Wednesday! Completely missed it.

Fark!
@Dunlop.
I signed the wrong Brown. I saw Brown from Melbourne and took him, then realised it was Mitch not Ben.
Can you please replace Mitch Brown with Ben Brown on my list?

Thanks in advance.

Okay, Sal. It’s on.
One man down going in.

Fair chance I’m down one too, I doubt Sweet makes the final team , Sinclair dropped and 2mp injured.

But bring it on!

1 Like

Not many averages worth using for us, so I’ll pick mostly “live” players.

Actually, it’s worse than I realised! None of Powell’s hundreds count in his average, lol, and Burton is injured.

Know the feeling, a lot of my players have managed to put their worst score for the year within their 4 game average, Duncan’s concussion also turning into a two week absence isn’t ideal up against Dunners this week

@Dunlop can you confirm if I need to drop/delist players before this weekend?

Done. For future reference, you could’ve just dropped Mitch, picked up Ben and then let me know so I could wind back your signings for the year.

1 Like

I’ve had a bit of bad luck and a bit of good luck.

I couldn’t fill all my empty spots at FA which is where all the bad luck occurred.
But the picks have come up Milhouse.
Edwards will debut (I wasn’t too certain of this) and Trew is on the extended bench.
All in all, I’m probably going to be 4 players short which isn’t the worst situation I’ve been in this year. I think I’m expecting something like a sub 900 score which isn’t so bad from 14 players, given I’ve traded away my three highest scorers this year and have Anderson and Marshall on LTI who average 100 each.
Just 3 weeks to the blockbuster matchup with @saladin.

Yeah, you’re carrying 2 extras that you’ll need to ditch before lockout.

You shouldn’t need him - you’ve scored a 1000 more for the season. My backs are better overall but your group is live so could ton up, and your mids and forwards ought to maul mine.

There also isn’t any chance of any 100+ averaging former Seagulls graciously declining to play at the last minute.

I will delist Ambrose and Garcia.

Mid-Season Draft Positions

Positions for the new recruits will be posted on Monday, this is so they’re not lost in the weekend shuffle and it’ll be easier for those inteerested to refer back to leading up to Blummers FAs. UF’s positions this time around are pretty good, so for the most part they’ll mirror them.

Final Trading Hours

I’ll be next online around 5-6pm to process any pick trades that are completed between now and then. @Crazy_Bomber also has the power to process pick trades, I’m not sure what his schedule is, but he may be around prior to that if you need assistance.

If you’re trading in a Dee or Lion and you won’t be around after that time, but want them in your side, I’m happy to receive PMs instructing me to where to place them in your line-up for the round.

ANB looks to be the next to put in a stinker within the 4 game bye threshold

Kozzie should have five goals to 3/4 . We need every single possible point, kysaiah.