2021 Grand Final - Melbourne vs Footscray

The umpires would literally have to start kicking goals for St.Kilda for that to be a possibility in the near future.

1 Like

The Dees backline vs the Dogs forwardline is where Melbourne kill them. If the dogs don’t send it in low and scrappy then they’re ■■■■■■. But i’m sure they know this.

Naughton is a handful, if may isn’t 100% he could be trouble for them. Schache will likely play defensively on lever as he did on aliir. Hibberd is a good match up for Hannan, not sure they have a good match up for Wightman Smith and Bont may also cause trouble as the rotate through

1 Like

Why isnt the thread title “Batmania vs Footscray” if we are using original name.

Huge opportunity missed for this city, Melbourne is a kinda boring name.

1 Like

For your ill-considered opinion, I invite you to fark off. I am happy about the value I added to the forum compared to your effort.

Learned to despise Blueblood Melbourne in their great run late 50’s. Saw their last GF win in 64. My uncle played with Norm Smith in the 40’s. May the Norm Smith curse roll on.
Go Doggies

3 Likes

Remember about 5 0r 6 years ago when the Demons were cellar dwelling rabble?
Shows how quickly almost any club can rebuild and win a final or two!!!

1 Like

i don’t understand why people would be so obtuse to thinking this is not just a possibility but a probably likely outcome ?

do you believe the AFL is corrupt ? or corrupt inviduals rotate through spots of importance ? andrew demetriou waves and says hi

do you remember the treatment of our club during the saga ?

This is what i don’t understand, people will happily say the sport is corrupt in general, but then scoff at the idea that they would manufacture certain results.
results which in a struggling environment (covid) looks good on paper and potentially looks good from a optics/pr spin POV that you can sell hope to every clubs supporters that this could be you, hence you don’t want to miss out next year on membership to your club.

if that’s so hard to buy, maybe personal gain to like gil for creating the above situation would be more believable ?
ok his salary and salary increase is based on the game increasing in value and market share right ?
What looks better for money coming in from 18 clubs, richmond winning their 3rd flag ? geelong winning it after years of prelims ? or 2 clubs who have had limited success in 50 odd years ?

sport is a business now, the afl is heading the way of the WWE, what looks good in a “story” rather than survival of the fittest.

1 Like

How are things at QAnon these days?

1 Like

i simply live by the motto\belief
Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely

I simply have less faith in humans being decent,

1 Like

This game already has the story at least to be the greatest gf of the modern era. They are as it ends up and probably statistically the best 2 teams, and their stories of adversity are equal. I think the diga deserve the underdog tag as they have had to do more quarantine. Should be a memorable grand final either way and whoever wins. Juat glad it isn’t Richmond or Geelong or Port / Sydney. And it’s also great that a WA side isn’t playing.
Two teams without home ground advantage and I’m sure the Perth public will really make this one special

ITS THE GRAND FINAL RICHO

I DON’T SEE THE TIGERS DARCE

THEY DIDN’T MAKE THE FINALS RICHO

THE TIGER ARMY WON’T LIKE THIS ONE BIT DARCE

10 Likes

You must be a very sad person.

My father thought me that you should trust everyone until they have screwed you over and even then you give them at least two chances. He said that if you start from the premise that you trust no-one, until they earn your trust, then life will lonely and miserable.

Nearly all Humans are decent, it is just we hear about the carnts !!

And if you think AFL is corrupt and games are fixed then why bother watching; you may as well watch WWF.

1 Like

Going for the Dees
Dogs can get ■■■■■■.
My most hated football club by, well like, forever

Apart from Kollingwood, FarkCarlton, Hawthorn, Richmond, West Coke, Port, Sydney, Chris Scott coached Geelong, St Kilda, Adelaide, Freo, Fitzroy ( sorry Brisbane), the AFL’s love child Gold Coast, GWS, the ski season MCG Melbourne, and, I almost forgot them, Norf.

Amended for accuracy.

1 Like

habit, it’s the only thing. it’s been probably the biggest part of my life for so long, and now i just do it out of habit.

the biggest irony is i’ve learnt that in a period were you literally aren’t allowed to go out and do anything else, so there’s no escaping it yet.

Go for a long walk in the rain. It always helps me.

1 Like

Just for others here. For someone to be called corrupt by shelts they need to be worse than Pell.

Why is there a bye before the GF?

So Steven May can play