2021 Mid Season Draft

The conspiracy goes deep.

6 Likes

I want the mckay/maher double more than anything

Don’t Carlton need a young ruckman anyway?

1 Like

Nick O’Kearney has looked good in the ressies. Maybe we look at him? Big bodied midfielder

I must be thinking of a different player, what’s his height ?

Eamon Wilkinson for SA watchers?

179cm, 75kg small forward.

Ave 1.2 goals per game (7 from 6games) and 4.5 tackles per games.

37 goals from 25 games in his career

1 Like

Thanks. Have you seen much of him?

He looked pretty athletic from the state game I saw, good leap. Could be a player that flourishes playing at AFL level.

2 Likes

Another Q if I may, do you know much about Cody Ninyette?

When is this?

June 2

1 Like

Thanks mate

Pressure small forward. Good player. Decent turn of pace without being a burner. Think he’s leading the SANFL in forward half tackles or something of that nature I think I read the other day, so would explain our interest if any.

I’m horrible with comparisons but one that springs to mind is taller Puopolo.

Thanks

There might not be a huge abundance of players pushing their case for the mid-season rookie draft on June 2. But there’s already a number of clubs lining up to snare a young gun for the future, as well as filling holes with experienced heads.

ESSENDON
Essendon has a spot available despite adding Kaine Baldwin to the list earlier in 2021. State league gun Angus Baker has long been linked with the Bombers in the last 12 months and is now on the club’s VFL list, with the midfield an area Adrian Dodoro is most likely to add to.

1 Like

Is Baker actually playing midfield in the VFL? I thought he was playing more half back

It’ll definitely be Baker. Any thoughts on the player? Ex-swan aint he?

No he isn’t, certainly playing half back

2 Likes

I thought he was training with us last preseason, but couldn’t find anything. This is from discussions the year before (December 2019).

Baker was my pick of the VFL listed players on the weekend - Fordham was good too.
Played predominantly half back

• looks assured with the footy, more so than some AFL listed players that were playing
  • cool head under pressure, seems to find extra time to make good decision
  • has a big kick on him too if we need to clear defensive 50.

who’s position would he take in afl side - would be behind redman, maybe like Guelfi as 7th defender. but you would pick him ahead of Gleeson as he is a known quantity with limited scope of improvement.

3 Likes