2021 Mid Season Draft

One of the candidates then.

Does anyone know how Jackson Callowā€™s going? Donā€™t necessarily think we should go after him, just curious.

Not great so far. Gets frustrated too easy and doesnā€™t work hard enough to get into games

Well, I guess there was a reason why he didnā€™t get drafted. Still hope he can pull it together. Thanks!

I donā€™t think itā€™s that. He is a kid that has been playing with kids and itā€™s a huge step up for him.
A lot of mature and smart defenders with plenty of SANFL and AFL experience playing on him and he is just struggling to adapt currently. He will be fine

@THE_DON1 Is Northern skipper Joel Trudgeon a chance for the MSD? I think heā€™s a 19yo

Yeah he is available but is likely on the fringe of getting selected

Wouldnā€™t surprise me if begely gets a another chance with us or another club

2 Likes

Whatā€™re the knocks on his game?

Please no.

1 Like

Begley would need to show plenty of ability up the ground to get another shot imo. He wonā€™t make it playing as an undersized FF, he needs to turn himself into a midfielder/for

2 Likes

I wish him the best, just not for us!

1 Like

@THE_DON1

Iā€™m told that Lachie Sullivan who plays with the Bulldogs VFL team looks a likely prospect - worth a pick for midfield depth?

I donā€™t know much about him

Iā€™ve heard Ewan McPherson is meant to be doing well for their VFL team as well. Midfielder/half back, good in most areas but lacks a bit of pace.

This is an April 18 post on BF:

its hard to follow all of the games with the NAB League app not working all the time and only parts of games available live ect, but i have liked these 19 year olds so far, it has been hard to rank them, but heres a list of players i have liked the look of.

Oliver Davis - (TAS) again shows his wares as an inside midfielder, he is more your hard work, in and under type, probably needs to improve his athleticism side of his game, but is doing quite well again at NAB League after he was really good in 2019 and good in the TSL in 2020, if he had more leg speed he would be valued more highly.

Cody Raak - (Western Jets) is playing well as that medium sized defender, cleaning up the contests and creating a lot of rebound out of defense.

Noah Gribble - (Geelong) also having a good season after his knee injury, is averaging good numbers in poss, marks and r50.

Chance Doultree - (Gippsland) a 19 year old that has come from nowhere to put in some impressive performances, i might have gone a bit too high with my initial rating, but i do like how he plays and has put in 3 good games to start the season.

Luis Dā€™Angelo - (Gippsland) another 19 year old that has come from nowhere to be a decent option, he has had a couple good games and put his name up there.

Jacob Edwards - (Sandringham) another 19 year old to put their hand up, so much so that he has over shadowed Max Heath in the ruck, although there is not a huge difference between them in the ruck, Edwards is much better around the ground and can play forward kicking a good number of goals so far this season compared to Max who seems more Tap orientated big bodied ruck

Max Heath - (Sandringham) had some wraps off of a pre-season game last year, he seems good in the ruck with his tap work, but is limited around the ground, good luck beating Sandringham in the ruck this season, with Edwards and Heath, then you have Visenti as a 3rd option, they are blessed with rucks and probably have 2 of the best rucks if not the best in the NAB this year.

Sam Clohesy - (Calder) another to come from nowhere to impress for Calder playing a couple good games and putting his name out there as 1 to look out for

Ewan MacPherson - (Northern) he is a good competitor, his disposal is a bit wayward, but he is worth mentioning as he has F/S connections to the Bulldogs and knows how to win the footy

Dylan Thomas - (Oakleigh) was impressive in the game against Eastern where he kicked 4 goals and looked like he would fit into an AFL team quite comfortably, need to see more of his games, but as an early call, he has something about his game as a small forward he seems very creative, strong mark and good converter.

Luke Cleary - (Sandringham) has been dominating for Sandy in defence, must be a good chance to get drafted at some stage

Darby Hipwell - (Sandringham) has been good for Sandy as well so far, solid midfielder and has added to the impressive depth at Sandringham this season

Ned Moyle - (Oakleigh) in the top 4 rucks in the NAB League from what i have seen so far this year

Eren Soylemez - (Sandringham) dangerous forward for Sandy is playing how i would expect Howes to be playing atm

Twomeyā€™s view.

4 Likes

From April 19 (different guy)

WAFL mature agers post-R3

Luke Strnadica (EF) - Has been on a list before, was stuck deep in the ruck pecking order at Freo. Has flourished since Jon Griffin retired as EFā€™s #1 ruck.
Sam Fisher (SD) - unsure how heā€™d do not being the #1 mid choice, but heā€™s got great hands, decent run and carry, and can hit a target by foot
Cody Ninyette (SF) - needs to be given a chance. Heā€™s only 23, has kicked 12 goals in 3 weeks. All he does is create goalscoring opportunities. Heā€™s strong for his size, and could absolutely make a different at the highest level.
Josh Schoenfeld (EF) - you wouldnā€™t believe he was a wingman at AFL level. Handy on the inside, good by foot
Greg Clark (S) - should have been drafted as junior, can play inside and win the footy, outside and deliver it well by foot
Noah Pegoraro (WP) - everyone has their favourites, this kid is mine. 194cm key defender, plays tall, good leap (can pinch hit in the ruck), reads the play well.

Others to look at: Bailey Rogers (C), Harrison Marsh (S), Jack Buller (C), Jonathon Marsh (EF), Jake Patmore (C), Matthew Parker (SF), Lachlan Martinis (C)

Players with talent who probably donā€™t have the points of difference to get drafted: Jye Bolton (C), Tyler Keitel (WP), Haiden Schloithe (SF), Milan Murdock (EF)

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t Cody Ninyette a benfti special?

1 Like

Iā€™m 99% joking. But 20 goals is 20 goals.

4 Likes

While weā€™re talking kicking bulk goals in a game, check out old mate Stephen Cooke in the VFA Thirds back in the day :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

longest day out ever for Geelong West

2 Likes