2021 Mid Season Draft

Kilsyth didn’t win a game for about 18 months there, they’re pretty pox.

Stop ruining my amazing smokey find with reality dammit!

Feel sorry for the scoreboard attendant.
RSI.

I feel sorry for the boundary umpires!!!

As someone who did it for a bit of pocket money in my teens, I remember high scoring games where you had to run the ball back to the central umpire after a goal being hell! And this is a whole other level :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Think of it as an extended yo - yo run.

Can someone tell me…
We only get to choose players NOT on a list? But can be on a VFL list at any club as a non AFL listed player?

And we have 2 x picks?

They have to have also nominated for the 2020 drafts previously IIRC

I think it’s only 1. As we had taken both Waterman & Baldwin already

1 Like

I think technically we have zero right now, but the expectation is that Mosquito would be put on the LTI list (if he’s not already), and Hurley might be made inactive. Possibly Shiel depending on his prognosis at that time.

So we’ll probably have 1 pick, and could have more.

1 Like

Yeah. We will leave it to the last moment, judge the available talent and the medical situation of those players. If we can get 2 games into Mozzie, I think ha stays active. Same with Hurley if he’s going on next year.

I would hope with both Hurley and Shiel if the choice is to have half a season looking at a kid up close versus maybe getting 2-3 games (and possibly VFL games) into them at the back end of a development season, that we choose to go the draft.

5 Likes

I think we have kind of already done that with Baldwin selection.

My guess is unless we suffer another long term injury that rules a player out for the year we probably dont take a pick.

Shiel and Mozzie would want to get back on the park and playing.

Hurley is the big question mark. Is his body that shot he maybe agrees to go on the inactive list, who knows. I’d rather he gets back on the park this year.

2 Likes

So, just to clarify. Players on the inactive list are unable to play VFL, right? It seems like that would be a loophole that’d be too easy to exploit.

1 Like

Tyson stengle would be a great pick up if he can get the off field stuff fixed. Maybe shak him up with tippa

1 Like

Walla is many things, but i don’t think a stern mature mentor for wayward indigenous players is one of them.

5 Likes

Sheedy would have done it. Which is a reason why we shouldnt

Really

He kicked 4 or 5 for the Eagles couple weeks ago just look a cut above sanfl level

If it’s a free hit I’d absolutely take a chance on Stengle.
Could try him as a small back, if people really think that’s what we need.

3 Likes

Made the state side and I think he is a half decent player but how many chances do you give a bloke?

1 Like

Why wouldn’t you do it further? If there are 19 year olds (or older) you might want to take late in the national draft, get them now and try them out.

Shiel if his injury is listed as 10-14 weeks. If he’s 14 weeks, he’d be returning to the VFL with 3 AFL rounds to go. Taking a kid over having Shiel available to maybe play the last 1, 2 AFL rounds is, IMO, a no brainer.

On Mozzie, isn’t he out for the year?

1 Like