2021 round 1 vs Hawks - level-headed review

I’m a big Hooker fan.
I’m a big Shiel fan.
I’ve been on the fence with Langford.

But faaaaark me.

If we’re really about change then none of them play next week.

4 Likes

What good is Jones if he can’t kick goals

Nothing positive about this game nothing

4 Likes

I never want to see Aaron Francis in an Essendon jumper again. What a waste of a draft pick. And this team is brittle. It needs a spine. Parish, Hind, Draper stood up. That was about it.

1 Like

We lost to a piece of sh-t in an utterly embrassing way.

1 Like

Jones back to the reserves

Played one good quarter of football. The rest was pretty average. The fact we can’t manage a game and can’t stop a run-on is a massive concern Rutten needs to address. The fact we can play so well one quarter, and so abysmally the very next, it’s going to be a very frustrating season.

8 Likes

I genuinely ■■■■■■■ hate this football club.

21 Likes

I spent 6 months preparing for bottom four.
Only Essendon could change your mind and shatter your heart in 45 minutes.

15 Likes

Kids look good.

But the Essington spirit still remains.

I dunno. I’m not as devastated as I thought I would be. The results this year are immaterial, the development is what it’s about.

Hopefully those young kids learnt a giant farking lesson tonight.

11 Likes

One positive for me is Sammy Draper. It’s not a matter of IF but When he rips this competition apart. FMD that was just his 9th game tonight.

15 Likes

Speechless. Oh my goodness…

Gonna be a tough season guys and gals

Hooker and Smith were ■■■■■■■ pants.

You’ll be a lot more relaxed when you realise that results like this will be our year. We’ll have good moments. And we’ll have crap ones. As long as we build a decent game plan and get time into the youngsters I’ll be happy…ish.

6 Likes

its hard to believe the whole midfield ran forward, expecting shiel to win it, with a 5 point lead.
Dumb footy by players.

2 Likes

How do we ■■■■■■■ blow a 39pt lead?!

1 Like

Don’t agree?

This club.

I just don’t know any more.

1 Like

I didn’t go into this game with any expectations, I’m happy enough to enjoy the second quarter. Would have been great to get the win but hardly the doom and gloom this place is at.

14 Likes

Hope

Essendon sells it so well.

1 Like