2021 round 1 vs Hawks - level-headed review

Shiel is done. That might be the worst trade we ever did.

Can’t kick, can’t put his head over it. Trade him for a bag of magic beans at the end of the year and be done with it

9 Likes

And Shiel squibbed it in that last two minutes. He did. In the open. For everyone to see.

He had to go and needed to go and didn’t

Because he’s a squib

And a softcock

4 Likes

Put an Essendon jumper on.

1 Like

I just want to see Sammy Draper play in a win…

1 Like

Club is a joke and will forever be a joke

The reason why I don’t sign up membership because they produce garbage every and nothing changes

1 Like

If you didn’t see that coming you’re out of your mind. Was always coming. Could have been 60 points up & we would have found a way.

2 Likes

Lost us the game three times!

6 Likes

Man I’m hearing ya.

I’m furious, seeing the opposition close down a 40 point margin in a quarter.

Absolutely pathetic

3 Likes

If I were Truck I would spray the ■■■■ out of them…and then some ■■■■■■■ more, so they get it in their heads never be in that position again.

1 Like

we may have cost Hawks getting the number 1 pick.

3 Likes

It’s harder to swallow because of the big lead, they got us back for the same situation last year.

Take the positives out of the game such as our debutants Jones and Cox already looking comfortable at the level and look to have very lengthy and quality careers at Essendon.

The quality youth is coming through and as long as we keep seeing these kids improve every week and the likes of Perkins start to get a look in there is certainly still things to look forward too every week.

21 Likes

looks familiar

15 Likes

Shattering. This one really, really stings.
Bigger than the 4 points.

Terrible terrible loss. Biggest choke I can remember us having. Don’t think I can ever remember seeing such a terrible Game style and skill level reversal in the same game like that . Embarrassed

Much like urself

2 Likes

They lost because they thought the game was over at half time, and that the second half would be just like the first.

Primarily I blame the coach. We’re a young team. Ben Rutten’s been there and he knows that you don’t win a game in one quarter. He sent the team out unprepared to maintain and increase the pressure they applied in the second quarter. Hawthorn outworked, outran and outnumbered us from the first bounce of the second half until the final siren.

And I thought Harry Jones was supposed to be a good kick.

14 Likes

Ham and Francis are not the future.

Prefer (sadly) to see Gleeson

Everybody including me thought we looked against the cats, then they get done by last years wooden spooners. Enough said we are bottom side with a crap forward line

Perfect replacement for Joe. Looks great, can’t kick.

4 Likes