2021 trade spec (Part 4)

I thought he’s a mid/fwd type

He personally thinks Adelaide are ■■■■ and wants out.

4 Likes

Born in Victoria I think, only spent a couple of years there so the whole getting back to Victoria thing is a bit strange

2 Likes

Heard anything over there re Keays @Aceman ?

I hadn’t heard of him before this year. He had a massive breakout year.

Didn’t even know he was at Brisbane.

1 Like

Nope, nothing at all to indicate he wants out.
I don’t see how we get it done even if he did ask for a trade

4 Likes

What would crows ask a first?

I would rather us focus on Stephens.

Keays will cost us far too much.

Francis for Keays ?

2 Likes

Lol, I love Aaron but he is currently worth about a pick in the 70’s to the Crows

1 Like

Francis is a bust imo fans won’t admit it tho

4 Likes

Yeah, was a reasonably high pick, academy player, got delisted after a few years.

Francis would be an integral part of our backline if Ridley wasnt there, he’d be a great pick up for a team that needs a frng/Rids type.

1 Like

You would hope to get more output from a number 6, but why use the word “bust” ?
He still plays regular senior football, and at times at a good level.

What’s your criteria for labelling a player a bust ?

5 Likes

I don’t think he’s consistent enough for a high draft pick

This is what like his 6th or 7th year in the system? and still hasn’t had a break out year

I just expected more from him considering he was a top 10 pick

1 Like

Some other team would just find better players than him eventually as we have done

1 Like

Yep, but not all Top 10 picks turn into stars.

I reckon he will end up playing 100-150 games, so bust is a little harsh.

4 Likes

Not sure. Unless he significantly turns it around next year, he’d pretty much be a bust when you take into consideration what was given up for him.

Put it this way - Cam Rayner will play at least 200 AFL games, but at this rate, he’s looking like a bust.

1 Like

So.
With Kelly coming in we can put the ‘McGrath to hb’ to bed.

Am hoping for Redman tried further up the ground.

200 game players are not busts.

Plus the older I get and the more finals I watch I am a big believer in people being able to be considered amazing value and incredible footballers even if it is only for a few games in finals.

Think Bacchar Houli the player versus Houli the Gf player.

Think Clark Keating.

Dustin Martin’s set of matches is not as good as Danger or Fyfes (though 2017 may be the best season by a player ever) however he will and should go down as the superior player because of his finals performances.

Ricciuto was probably a better player than McLeod, but he wasn’t because McLeod has 2 Norm Smiths.

So there are plenty more opportunities for Francis to be a worthwhile selection. For a pick 6, if he was best on ground in a big final that we won then I’d say it’s all worth it in the end. Those are the games that count.

Tom Boyd was worth the 5 million for 4 matches alone. Incredible value.

4 Likes