2021 trade spec (Part 4)

To be honest, that’s probably more a reflection of your overly optimistic expectations than it of francis’s performance.

Lots and lots and LOTS of top 10 picks are complete busts, but this time of year everyone forgets that. Francis is hardly a world beater, and yeah, if dodoro had his time again he’d call out Harry McKay’s name instead. But still, Francis is getting a regular senior game and sometimes shows that he has significant talent in the role. Would you trade Francis for a Weiderman grade talent? Or Jono o’Rourke? Paddy Dow?

13 Likes

Ben Keays will be at Essendon next season.

2 Likes

DFO?

1 Like

Really?

What does dfo mean? Is that a South Wharf reference?

5 Likes

Gut feel or inside goss?

As he drives through the suburb.

3 Likes

Ben Keays to play as a full time tagger at Essendon. That I would like to see.

No comment.

2 Likes

No track record to speak of only because they don’t focus much on trade/draft stuff on the show. Finey does seem have association/connection with a few football families. I think this is coming from one of those types of sources.

That’s because their recruits can hardly break out of a jog.

3 Likes

Not giving this much weight but …

Ben Keays is Nino’s wet dream. Big bodied inside mid who can kick goals and wait for it … tag. He had a massive year so wouldn’t come cheap. Query where he would fit into our midfield mix, perhaps Stringer spending more time forward.

l see this, ‘just move Stringer forward more,’ a fair bit lately, and it isn’t going to happen. After the season he has just had, where Jake became our inside bull, who can break away from the CB and also kick goals on the run, anyone else coming in gets worked around to accommodate what he can do, not the other way around.

23 Likes

That’s a good idea I reckon

Kelly N. W. A and Ronny FIGJAM would be a fantastic off season.

1 Like

I have seen that a lot also.

Find it head scratching that some would move the best player in the comp in the last 8 weeks to accomodate Ben Keays…

6 Likes

Well if you’ve ever wondered who the target audience is for the Late Night Shopping Channel look no further.

2 Likes

Played every game until he got injured late in the season and has only just recovered.

1 Like

Ben’s brother Jordan says its wrong…

3 Likes

‘Rarely’