2021 trade spec (Part 5) - Little Bobby Hill got dropped

Longer Faster Harder Stronger

The show didnā€™t cast Hill in a particularly flattering light in terms of his maturity, nor the dope player agents. Admittedly editing can be misleading.

1 Like

Wasnā€™t a good show for Colin Young and his partner.

Lobb - failed trade
Bobby Hill - failed trade
Matthew Johnson - slid in the draft (not really the agencies fault but yeah)

2 Likes

Heā€™s 20ā€¦ 22 whatever

I know, I just wasnā€™t impressed by what I saw. Letting your dad handle important meetings for you because youā€™re getting a tattoo when youā€™re a 20-year old man is pretty embarrassing.

That was all on the last day, nothing they could do then except wait and he was clearly bricking himself so he tried to stay distracted. Fair enough if youā€™re judging him on that but Iā€™m not.

2 Likes

Good news is he hasnā€™t said he is committed to GWS next year.

Heā€™s left the door wide open.

You would think he gets to us if he wants to come.

2 Likes

Carlton will try and cut our lunch, like they usually try to do.

1 Like

Be fascinated to see what happens at the end of year, still think youth will be the focus and players from rival clubs will need to be in the right age bracket.

I know Sydney are desperate to keep him, but would not be at all be surprised if we are having a very serious go at Logan McDonald.

On hill clearly small forwards are very much an area of the list we must bolster - weā€™ve been trying!

Also watch the bulldogs - lots of players out of contract and some will need big pay rises. Shake the tree and something may just fall out.

7 Likes

You are right they fumbled everything they touched especially the Hill deal. The partner is Andrew McDougall a former number 5 draft pick who played for West Coast and the Bulldogs. He was certainly the least impressive of all the younger agents they featured - David Trotter, Robbie Dā€™Orazio and McDougall.

I did learn one thing from the show though. Ben from Big Brother is now an AFL player manager and is Jason Horne-Francisā€™s manager.

4 Likes

How many times have we publicly chased a bloke one year and failed, then got him the next year?

2 Likes

They key is to keep Courtney Ugle (Bobbyā€™s cousin). I still think Bobby Hill will come to Essendon, providing that she is still at the club next year.

4 Likes

Blokes got no chinā€¦canā€™t trust him

2 Likes

Does that mean Eddie McGuire can really be trusted because he has multiple chins?

1 Like

Correct. You can trust Eddie to make a ā– ā– ā– ā–  of himself.

2 Likes

This true.

But usually the player does a feel good article and says heā€™s back in love with the club.

This hasnā€™t happened. Yet.

off field it seems essendons building an environment, and if thats as important to bobby as it seems, can definitely see him requesting a trade again/DFA

1 Like

I think Bobby wants to play in Melbourne for a big club and get paid well. So if we offer him good $$$, thereā€™s a fair chance he will request the trade again.

Interestingly we only wanted to offer him a 3 year deal but when the Pies offered him 4 we matched to ensure he picked us as his preferred destination.