2021 trade spec (Part 5) - Little Bobby Hill got dropped

He’ll leave GWS for sure, kid was shattered it didn’t get through. He’ll just go to who offers the biggest and longest contract I reckon.

21 with a child will want security and fair enough

4 Likes

If he’s proven himself he’ll be expensive. He was going to cost a second on really potential already.

And if Wanganeen comes on and Walla gets back I think our small forward stocks are fine. You seldom play even two pure crumbers nowadays. Are there any teams playing three right now?

1 Like

Except we don’t know what is happening with Walla, and we can’t rely on kids who have not played a game yet.

2 Likes

Correct, wont be to us unfortunately.

1 Like

Except you were replying to my post which said if Tex and Martin come on, so the premise was that Tex would make it.

I don’t see why Walla won’t come back either.

1 Like

You seem to be placing a lot on a guy who hasn’t played much and has barely done anything.

And I was saying that you can’t build a list based on if. That is why we went after Hill last year, and we will again, if he chooses to leave.

I would say Hill has more runs on the board, compared to Tex & The Davey Twins. Wouldn’t you??

Barely: 30 games over 3 years and only 25 goals (14 of them last year from 17 games). Hardly done much to deserve the high salary he will ask and the high draft picks. You would want him to be showing more than that.

1 Like

He must have done something right.

Considering we tried to get him last year.

Potential and the fact we had a very bare cupboard. I might also add he chased us, then we thought he was worth the effort, but not at any cost.

We also wanted him. Hence why we entertained the idea.

We can argue semantics all night, if you want.

Yes we can, you seem to be putting all your eggs in one basket and the rest of us are saying wait for the year to unfold before you sell the future for one guy.

1 Like

Looked great in the first AAMI game this year.

Early second round draft pick looking to break out.

We just tried to get him before he did. When he does his price will sky rocket because they are hard to find.

1 Like

Tex will end up way better than Hill. Bobby just kind of floats around and does cool celebrations. Tex has the spark of brilliance.

Now we’ve got Tex we can trawl the delisting market for half decent back up small forwards instead of shelling out the big bucks/big draft picks for names.

4 Likes

How am I putting all of my eggs in one basket by saying Hill could be at Essendon next year??

1 Like

Except nothing is happening until the end of the year and we’ll know more then.

1 Like

You should put this thread on ignore then, until the end of the year.

What else are we gonna talk about till then?

1 Like

Apparently we’re getting little Bobby Hill in the mid season draft. :rofl::rofl:

Bobby hill, Taranto and Brayshaw