2021 trade spec (Part 5) - Little Bobby Hill got dropped

Its probably a good sign that we are confident on getting him here.

Can’t wait for my hill jumper

1 Like

Hardly think Hill is screaming the kind of big name to generate max interest though

But agreed. There is always the key element that there is manufactured drama going on to draw interest. And the player & list managers go along with it. Trades that are otherwise already sorted held over etc

That’s on top of clubs needing to be perceived in a certain way to the fans with how they are working in best interests of their team.

I think there will be more to come. Perhaps that’s also part wishful thinking however.

But I don’t think its just going to fizz out with Lobb staying at Freo, Dodoro strong arming McCartney for a 3rd rounder on Hill and Dawson walking to Crows in PSD.

Trade Radio will be flogging “Deadline Day” and AFL wanting maximum listeners/clickers etc

1 Like
4 Likes

My final call will be 2 3rds heading to the giants

1 Like

One could come in here, see Craig David and ask for someone to….

2 Likes

Yep. My original thought when I first heard the news was about pick 35.

A very late 2nd or very early 3rd.

2 Likes

I think it was nuts from the beginning. Another club isn’t gonna jump on a player like Hill who has nominated someone else. You only do that for a star, and even then its a massive risk.

I think McCartney lives down the street from me. All the local kids have free giants gear because of him.

Although I haven’t seen him since pre Sydney lockdown. Will be sure to tell him to satisfy Jackets’ demands if I spot him over the next 48 hours.

10 Likes

Clearly Blitzers are far more ITK than EFC’s list management team re Bobby Hill.

Adrian and team must be second guessing their footy IQ with all these Blitz commentators suggesting Hill is a meh player.

Maybe you should get on a call to Adrian to warn him;

(03) 8340 2000

1 Like

By people like Gary Buckenara and Tom Browne who make a lot of hay off the “difficult dodoro” line for absolute mouth frothers.

And by the mouth frothers themselves.

You should go down and deliver him some chocolates to him with an essendon jumper on.

2 Likes

Yeah nah did that once in early 2016, didn’t work out so good

1 Like

I swear if this isn’t Jackets number i will be really disappointed

1 Like

Maybe get him a donut pillow too?!

2 Likes

Maybe bake him a lovely cake that reads “please give us hill pretty please” on it

3 Likes

IAS I do have Adrian’s number. Know him quite well - kids went to school together and have had quite a bit to do with him when in one of the coteries.

Don’t think he’d be happy with me posting it on Blitz though! :fire::man_facepalming:t2:

8 Likes

Dodoro relaxing during the trade period

Blitz relaxing

13 Likes

We could use the Craig David approach to land a bodied mid

Monday
Took her for a drink on Tuesday
We were making love by Wednesday
And on Thursday and Friday and Saturday
We chilled on Sunday
I met this girl on Monday
Took her for a drink on Tuesday
We were making love by Wednesday
And on Thursday and Friday and Saturday
We chilled on Sunday

5 Likes

If we wanted to enrage him we could send him a jumper signed by Stringer with a signed photo of stringer

2 Likes