2021 trade spec (Part 5) - Little Bobby Hill got dropped

Who is it affecting our reputation with? Bigfooty posters and TradeRadio talkback callers?

5 Likes

Iā€™m sure the Norwood coach would be very happy to get Bobby, oh you meant the other Rawlings :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yes i agree on not breaking the bank for him.

I was using the betts 2.0 example for betts ability not how he turns up to training. But it is a fair point that hill failed to turn up to training in a fit condition. Its definitely something he has to work on.

I think this is as much about his pregnant partnerā€™s wishes as it is Bobby wanting to be closer to family. IIRC Bobby left the hub this year to be with her for an extended period, so perhaps she sees greater family support in Vic.

1 Like

My badā€¦the dude from North! :joy:

Well if this deal doesnā€™t get done then why would a player nominate us again

2 Likes

Needs more Craig David

1 Like

I hope weā€™re lowballing Hawthorn for Oā€™Meara. May as well. Sometimes clubs get steals in these situations.

I get that, still screams flight risk to me, if the bulk of his immediate family live in WA. Havenā€™t heard where her family are based so could be more to it.

1 Like

Depends entirely on what the stumbling block is. Managers know whoā€™s being difficult in a trade, we donā€™t. Seems just as likely to me that it could be gws not getting Lobb done and blocking Hill moving backfires on them, not us.

Browne saying Essendon is relaxed about the Hill trade. Think heā€™s worth somewhere between pick 35-45. Hillā€™s management wants the deal done.

GWS still deciding if they want to release Hill or not.

33 Likes

Do they want a player worth pick 35-45 who wants out, when they have cash issues. I suspect it gets done in the end.

3 Likes

100% we get him before the end of Trade Period.

2 Likes

I think Richmond will get a trade done there. They have a mass of picks that could satisfy the Hawks, plus they will be looking at players to top up and go again at a flag whilst they canā€¦

1 Like

The only stumbling block is that idiot McCartney

22 Likes

If we are relaxed about it we are un-fuckable with. Being willing to walk away is the ultimate leverage when the seller is motivated

17 Likes

Yep. The pressure should fall on Hillā€™s management to get GWS to agree to the offer. Love it!

2 Likes

Have to imagine that if McCartney got traction on his apparent attempts to get another club keen it would have come out by now. So its us or he stays at the Giants I reckon.

2 Likes

Agreed. Nobody wants him

Other clubs arenā€™t offering a 2nd round pick especially if they havnā€™t done a medical. He will be a bomber