2021 trade spec (Part 5) - Little Bobby Hill got dropped

Sings?
Thought he was a coach

1 Like

David Craig

That is true. But I think the implication of a nomination is that club assures the player that a deal can be reached with their existing club.

1 Like

I didn’t mind that chatter. Quite sensible.

I think it would be more along the lines of we will do everything we can to get a deal done

Players are in the industry and would have a pretty good understanding of what clubs can and cannot do trade wise

He had issues with post-season break. Came back not ready for Pre-season. Giant were dragging their heel on contract extension.
We don’t have to overpay for Bobby. I don’t mind slightly overpaying for Caldwell. If his strings holdup he will be good as Selwood

McCartney really salty…

McCartney must have found out the the rest of the competition was only ready to put up a late 2nd/3rd round pick for Hill too and he is now sulking.

Dodoro never should have let Xavier force him to make the Shiel deal whatever the cost

4 Likes

Hilarious. Watch the pies get him for a future 4th rounder.

What picks do the Pies have?

Future picks but thats it. Most would be eaten by daicos bid

1 Like

McCartney’s seems to be irritating a number of people in the industry.

“We exhausted all avenues to try and assist GWS facilitate this trade in which we believe all parties would benefit in the long run,” Young said. “I advised all parties at 7.30pm Sunday by email that this trade would not get off the ground, so we should all move on.”

1 Like

Collingwood could get it done with those picks, but their salary cap is still an issue .

4 Likes

And the fact they need those picks to match a bid at 1.

6 Likes

Does Hill want to go to the pies?
Can the pies afford $400k x 4?
Have the pies been able to do a medical? Hill is in Perth.

If we’re not prepared to offer up a future 2nd then we are not really interested.

That article makes it sound like we have no real desire to land Hill and are not really making all that hard an effort on it.

1 Like

If we offer a future 2nd before the final 30min of trade period, Dodoro should get sacked. It’s called negotiating.

And, as has been pointed out, they need those picks to get Daicos.