2021 trade spec

I think Nick Vlastuin would be a great free agent to get given he is only 26.

• he knows the Richmond model we are trying to copy
  • our backline lacks leadership/experience outside of Heppell & Hurley who are closer to the end than Nick.
  • we have a heap of cap space now. So we may as well use it on someone who is essentially free in terms of trade value
10 Likes

I do as well.

Thing is heā€™d be taking Heppellā€™s spot so it ainā€™t happening.

Btw thereā€™s no chance Parish will be going anywhere, no one needs to be concerned about that

Shouldnā€™t Bontempelli be on that list?

4 Likes

Its an idiotic list.

1 Like

What makes you sure of it?

Yep.
The media has NFI about what trades are happening during the trade periodā€¦ what ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  hope do they have of being remotely close 7 or 8 months out

Joe Daniher told him.

2 Likes

Just what we need, someone who can withstand the heat of finals

3 Likes

Watching Footy Classified

Cornes reckons Dunkley wont be at the Dogs next year

2 Likes

bring him in

I reckon he will be playing for us next year.

1 Like

Llyod was using Fantasia and Daniher as examples of players leaving after being forced to stay he reckons itā€™s a watch this space with Dunkley.

What dogs should have done is off loaded Libba and give Dunkley his mid spot but instead they went and got Trelor when their midfield is already stacked to the brim

They will regret not trading him last year

1 Like

Bont will sacrfice his own midfield game and play forward more.

Midfield is still stacked tho with Trelor,Smith,Libba,McCrae,Hunter

Certainly is, going to be interesting to see how they split the midfield minutes.

1 Like

Cornes is a fking idiot. if youā€™re going to look for reliable sources on stuff like this, he should be the last person you look to.

Whatever they spent on Treloar would have been better off going towards a small forward I reckon. They desperately need goal kickers & already had more than enough mid options.

Papley is exactly the player they should have been targeting but surprisingly he stayed at the Swans after wanting out in 2019. Anyone know what happened there with Papley? He wanted to go to Carlton but Swans wouldnā€™t deal then I donā€™t think he was even mentioned for trades this year. It shows that Dunkley leaving WB isnā€™t a given.

2 Likes

Cornes is not an idiot, he knows what he is doing when he comes out with his ā€˜hot takesā€™ and plays into it willingly. This is probably one of his more sensible takes though. Dunkley wonā€™t be at the Dogs next year, though iā€™m not convinced heā€™ll necessarily be coming to Essendon

6 Likes

Yes this article sounds more like it was written by John-Ralphio

1 Like